Jimi's Strings

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Jimi's Strings

Post by Xplorer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am

i must be stupid ! i thought i was talking about fenders pure nickel 150, while in fact the strings i was talking about are 10 46 d'addario , perhaps pure nickel too. i have the fender on my other strats, and i completely made a confusion. yeah, i have these d'addario since a year and a half on this strat, they're getting better.

heatpad

Post by heatpad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Fender 150's 10-38 with an .009 on the high E as per an examination of the untouched black Strat when it was in Monica Danniman's possesion

swankmotee

Post by swankmotee » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

heatpad wrote:Fender 150's 10-38 with an .009 on the high E as per an examination of the untouched black Strat when it was in Monica Danniman's possesion
So where are the pics of this historical event?!

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 pm

that is said by some one examining the guitar and it does not say they put a micrometer on it. It is documented that he used 10-38 fender pure nickel's

bluskiff

Post by bluskiff » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:31 pm

know this post is old but I too have used fender 150s 10 to 38 for years. I love them to death and almost cried when fender stopped making them. I emailed fender and pretty much told me they were done making them. I tried ghs 10 to 38 just terrible . What I think I might do is buy the 9 to 40 and the 10 to 46 and make a custom set. I am so pissed off at fender I think I might stop using my strat pick up an evh or something.

parkhead

Post by parkhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

Xplorer wrote:also, when i spoke to a guitar seller in a shop here in paris, "experience music" .. the man laughed, when i talked about the supposedly gauges that hendrix used, that we know, i think, from Buddy miles ... he said : Buddy miles ... a drummer .... ! what the fuck he knows about jimi's strings ?
lol, and i think that it makes sens. but yeah, we can think about pure nickel light strings, with no much hesitation.
Hendrix used fender Rock & roll Light 10 -38

BTW the music store folks in Paris are pretty nasty ...you have my deepest sympathies

one guy yelled at me as soon as I walked in the door

"you, I know your type, you are here to touch the guitars ... there is no touching of the guitars , you have been warned"

If dude only had a clue how many music stores think I am actually a desirable customer... he might do better business

p
replica ?? I don't need no stinking replica ...

parkhead

Post by parkhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 am

If anyone from Fender is reading this ... and we know you are

here's your marketing plan:
run the 10 -38 strings and all the sets in late 60's style packaging

then run an ad in all the mags with a flipped over white strat and curly cable
with the caption

"they were good enough for Him, they should work for you"

When Janie calls asking for money laugh and tell her where to go fishing ...
after all fender has been making white strats & rock & roll strings forever

p

parkhead

Post by parkhead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 am

heatpad wrote:Fender 150's 10-38 with an .009 on the high E as per an examination of the untouched black Strat when it was in Monica Danniman's possesion
untouched except for the replacement 9 E string LOL

p

swankmotee

Post by swankmotee » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 am

parkhead wrote:
untouched except for the replacement 9 E string LOL

p
Yeah, even in death (he was permantly banned) Carl wields his "all knowingness" about Hendrix from the grave!LOL! Where is that Long Island,basement dweller these days?! :scratch:

Freedom
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Freedom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 am

bluskiff wrote:know this post is old but I too have used fender 150s 10 to 38 for years. I love them to death and almost cried when fender stopped making them. I emailed fender and pretty much told me they were done making them. I tried ghs 10 to 38 just terrible . What I think I might do is buy the 9 to 40 and the 10 to 46 and make a custom set. I am so pissed off at fender I think I might stop using my strat pick up an evh or something.
Makes two of us...my stash is ok for the time being (right now i have more than 20 sets of 150TRs and about 10 sets of 3150TRs) but i'll have to find a "decent" replacement eventually...i haven't tried the ghs 10-38 (i will though) so for the time being only Dean Markley F150's would work for me (never my first option when the Fender's were available but whatchagonnado...)
Freedom of Music <=> Music of Freedom

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:57 am

Freedom wrote:
bluskiff wrote:know this post is old but I too have used fender 150s 10 to 38 for years. I love them to death and almost cried when fender stopped making them. I emailed fender and pretty much told me they were done making them. I tried ghs 10 to 38 just terrible . What I think I might do is buy the 9 to 40 and the 10 to 46 and make a custom set. I am so pissed off at fender I think I might stop using my strat pick up an evh or something.
Makes two of us...my stash is ok for the time being (right now i have more than 20 sets of 150TRs and about 10 sets of 3150TRs) but i'll have to find a "decent" replacement eventually...i haven't tried the ghs 10-38 (i will though) so for the time being only Dean Markley F150's would work for me (never my first option when the Fender's were available but whatchagonnado...)
Im the same way I used the Fender 10-38 150 pure nickle for many years. i have 3 sets left that I am savung fir recording and have had to use GHS boomers for gigs. The GHS seem ok once they have a couple of gigs on them. They are also more slynky, I have to adjust the claw screws out a half turn with them.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Ha ha ha ! Seriously ? In which area ? The district with dozains of guitar shops in two or three streets in pigalle ? Because usualy it's not a problem, i always play guitars and effects and stuffs. But yeah, some bad guys sometimes. My best shop is ebay anyway ; ) but they have some very collectible vintage guitars in some places .... I'm sure they lost a good customer ! ; )
parkhead wrote:
Xplorer wrote:also, when i spoke to a guitar seller in a shop here in paris, "experience music" .. the man laughed, when i talked about the supposedly gauges that hendrix used, that we know, i think, from Buddy miles ... he said : Buddy miles ... a drummer .... ! what the fuck he knows about jimi's strings ?
lol, and i think that it makes sens. but yeah, we can think about pure nickel light strings, with no much hesitation.
Hendrix used fender Rock & roll Light 10 -38

BTW the music store folks in Paris are pretty nasty ...you have my deepest sympathies

one guy yelled at me as soon as I walked in the door

"you, I know your type, you are here to touch the guitars ... there is no touching of the guitars , you have been warned"

If dude only had a clue how many music stores think I am actually a desirable customer... he might do better business

p

parkhead

Post by parkhead » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am

it was in pigalle ... a small shop with some vintage stuff

the other shops were excellent, even if the euro pricing was shocking

we had an apartment on rue de hautville for a week, fabulous trip

Paris & France in general are doing a great job with their cities infrastructure

a very liveable place

p

Freedom
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Freedom » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 am

Tone seaker wrote:They are also more slynky,
Interesting...i'll definitely check them out... ;)
Freedom of Music <=> Music of Freedom

billshatner

Post by billshatner » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 am

http://www.univibes.com/BlackStrat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;