The "Hey Baby" effects?

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: The "Hey Baby" effects?

Post by Xplorer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 am

It's a good choice anyway, you can easyly get a sweet sound vibe.
also, an original vibe isn't necessarly what you hear with Jimi because they varie from one to another, and some don't sound good, you have to tweak them. that's what roger mayer did for jimi, adjusting the photocells, the bulb, the bias i think.

ROCK€

Post by ROCK€ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 am

Xplorer wrote:It's a good choice anyway, you can easyly get a sweet sound vibe.
Yes, maybe I'll buy a Mojo Vibe, and if somebody recommends some other vibe, I'll buy that one too. Then I can compare different vibes and make my own conclusions!

windjamma

Post by windjamma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 am

Hi, you cant go wrong with a mojo vibe its a great pedal.

ROCK€

Post by ROCK€ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:10 am

windjamma wrote:Hi, you cant go wrong with a mojo vibe its a great pedal.
Thanks for your recommendation! I feel more "safe" to buy things if someone else has a courage to recommend a device.

harkkam08

Post by harkkam08 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 am

hey have you ever heard of the MJM Sixties Vibe

Description
http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/vibe.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sound Files
http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/soundfiles.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ive never tried it and have no idea if there is a waiting list would be good to find out.

ROCK€

Post by ROCK€ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 am

harkkam08 wrote: MJM Sixties Vibe
That's another choice, I have to think about it, thanks!

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 am

great great guitarist for the demos at mjm ... love it with all the fuzz

harkkam08

Post by harkkam08 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:07 am

You can get a megavibe on ebay for 425 and up lol right now.

Look

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-KR-Musica ... 391wt_1165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lol ouch

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 am

Man, I wasn't aware that Bob Sweet had passed away. I remember when he was diagnosed with cancer. I remember having some great conversation's with him on the phone back in '96. He was really into the Uni-Vibe, and, imo, had more experience with them. He was basically supplying Prescription Electronic's the boards and parts for thier clone back then, and Fulltone was an obvious third choice to those back then.

I'd say that ANYTHING that Bob Sweet made or had made to his spec's, concerning the Uni-Vibe clone's, would be about the best. The KR is also very good. I would get one of those two.

Carly(Carl) who used to be here on the forums's would be of great help to you Rocke, because he had several Uni-Vibe clones, along with sound samples. I dont know if he is still a member.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

heybanna

Post by heybanna » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am

Xplorer wrote:interesting ...

in fact i was talking about the guitar alone, in electric ladyland. recorded with the vibrato of the univibe. to me this is it, absolutely.
i also suspect the vibrato into who knows. yes you've heard well. but with a very low intensity, and a lower volume before the amp. axis fuzz sometimes too. but this vibrato of the univibe is really great. To me, once he went for machine gun, he just switched from vibrato to vibe chorus, it wasn't just pluging the vibe on. and he also just adjusted the speed with the pedal. it colors the sound in a nice way , some cleans where you don't have it just without it. and for the other fillmore concerts, it wasn't the same setting, and other than the particular night has a different sound, althought it's the same amp with these special low highs.

at least, the demonstration works, into my 100 watts 69 metro. and i'm very happy with it ; )

a demo by randy hansen is quite nice about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYwVJ3M_2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Univibe wasn't around during the recording of Electric ladyland. Have you Ever Been.....is a leslie.
There is NO Univibe, Vibrato or not on BOG's Who Knows.

heybanna

Post by heybanna » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 am

Skip Regan wrote:
Tone Slinger wrote: I have worked very hard at trying to recreate the tones particuarly on 'Have You Ever Been To Electric Ladyland' and 'House Burning Down'.
Please share some of what you've learned. I love to cop some of that sound at the end of HBD especially.

HYEBTEL is a leslie. HBD is thru-zero flanging

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:37 pm

yes, that's right, it can't be a univibe on electric ladyland, but it sounds like the vibrato of a univibe. kind of tremolo. a true leslie is nice then.
i still think that there was a low intensity vibrato into the band of gypsies concert, that you can't notice cause you really don't hear a vibrato into the sound. But at low intensity, it affects the sound in a way that make sens to me. or at least it simulates a lower signal somewhere, with the volume of the univibe, that could have been a part of the clean sound that he has sometimes, while everything is on ten or close to ten on the amp.

heybanna wrote:
Xplorer wrote:interesting ...

in fact i was talking about the guitar alone, in electric ladyland. recorded with the vibrato of the univibe. to me this is it, absolutely.
i also suspect the vibrato into who knows. yes you've heard well. but with a very low intensity, and a lower volume before the amp. axis fuzz sometimes too. but this vibrato of the univibe is really great. To me, once he went for machine gun, he just switched from vibrato to vibe chorus, it wasn't just pluging the vibe on. and he also just adjusted the speed with the pedal. it colors the sound in a nice way , some cleans where you don't have it just without it. and for the other fillmore concerts, it wasn't the same setting, and other than the particular night has a different sound, althought it's the same amp with these special low highs.

at least, the demonstration works, into my 100 watts 69 metro. and i'm very happy with it ; )

a demo by randy hansen is quite nice about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYwVJ3M_2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Univibe wasn't around during the recording of Electric ladyland. Have you Ever Been.....is a leslie.
There is NO Univibe, Vibrato or not on BOG's Who Knows.

ROCK€

Post by ROCK€ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 pm

harkkam08 wrote:You can get a megavibe on ebay for 425 and up lol right now.
Thank you for this information! I sent an e-mail to seller and asked if he could ship it to Finland.

I've got the answer: no international shipping.

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Keep trying my friend, lot's of seller's will ship to you, just gotta hang in there and be patient.

Yeah, the 'Have you ever been...' tone was a leslie. I have heard Randy Hansen get close with a vintage Uni-vibe though. The 'House Burning Down' tone was done manually/physical, so that is refered to as zero flanging huh ? I just try to get at it using various phaser's/and/or flanger's, along with a fuzz box. Certain pedals of yesteryear seem to have sorta been designed with that tone in mind.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

spaceace76

Post by spaceace76 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Tone Slinger wrote:Keep trying my friend, lot's of seller's will ship to you, just gotta hang in there and be patient.

Yeah, the 'Have you ever been...' tone was a leslie. I have heard Randy Hansen get close with a vintage Uni-vibe though. The 'House Burning Down' tone was done manually/physical, so that is refered to as zero flanging huh ? I just try to get at it using various phaser's/and/or flanger's, along with a fuzz box. Certain pedals of yesteryear seem to have sorta been designed with that tone in mind.
it's actually tape flanging, "through zero flanging" is the solid-state method of reproducing tape flanging.

also, Xplorer is right on with his thoughts on the univibe. in the case of the original, the speed pedal had a cancel switch that basically shorted the intensity pot's ground connection. so if you're using a modern clone, turning off the intensity pot will give you this sound. it's a particular sound that the univibe preamp and driver circuit imparts on the tone. myself and OMGTKK have talked about this before, the thread should be in this subforum somewhere