"Hear My Train Comin" 12 string..

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

HARLEYIII

"Hear My Train Comin" 12 string..

Post by HARLEYIII » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 pm

What kind of 12 string is that that he's playing in that vid?
I cant make it out. Me and my broe were watching it awhile back and were trying to figure it out. All I can make out is what looks to be a shamrock (?) on the headstock.

(yes, this is an amp forum, but this IS the Jimi section)
My Marshalls aint feedin' back....They're Laughin' at your Line-6

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: "Hear My Train Comin" 12 string..

Post by AJW » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 am

I just read somewhere that it was a Zemaitis 12 string, but I can't remember where. Maybe in the forward to "Becoming Jimi Hendrix" which I'm reading now.

HARLEYIII

Post by HARLEYIII » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Sure enough.

http://www.zemaitisclub.com/images/jimi ... gazine.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Marshalls aint feedin' back....They're Laughin' at your Line-6

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 am

yes, restrung by the owner of this guitar (not jimi, althought he maybe owned this guitar since this session ) with nylon strings ( as you can also see in some videos ). it was a session for the movie see my music talking, during "getting my heart back together again, 19 december 1967. guitar borrowed to a friend by the film director Peter Neal.
this is one of the best blues recording ever made, to me.
i think it's a Zamaitis, not a zemaitis. made in 1960 by Tony Zamaitis.

lol, by reading again some old documents i have, i can see some infos of the early days : 1961, may 2 : jimi gets arrested by the Seattle police department for taking a motor vehicle without permission.

may 5 1961, gets arrested , again ! loool

jailed at "rainier vista 4-h youth centre, 12th avenue/ terrace street.

1960, together with a friend, jimi breaks into wilner's clothing store, stealing some sweaters, shirt and slacks, depositing the clothing anonymously in the needy box outside the principal's office at garfield highschool the ext day ...

1960 : during a gig at birdland, jimi's guitar gets stolen. mary hendrix buys him another guitar from myers music, but al makes jimi bring this guitar back to the shop. shortly after that, al himself buys jimi another guitar ...