2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Mexican Strat

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Its Luke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Mexican Strat

Post by Its Luke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Fender is bringing back the Jimi Tribute Stratocaster for November 2015.

http://www.americanmusical.com/content- ... ratocaster

Made in Mexico Strat with reverse headstock, bridge pickup and 65 pickups.

Good value for the price point as long as the fretwork and finishing is good.

Looking forward to trying one out. :jimi:

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: 2015 Fender Jimi Hendrix Mexican Strat

Post by Xplorer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 am

awful marketting ha ha.

the headstock is reversed .... the whole body should be reversed too instead of this strange pickguard with a backward bridge pickup ..

just pick a lefty and string it righty.

Its Luke

Post by Its Luke » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Xplorer wrote:awful marketting ha ha.

the headstock is reversed .... the whole body should be reversed too instead of this strange pickguard with a backward bridge pickup ..

just pick a lefty and string it righty.
You could..

However I think that would be very uncomfortable to play given the control knobs and poor access to the upper frets.
I realize Jimi made it work better than anybody, however he also had some huge hands!

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:51 pm

yes, i can understand that , but i find it very uncomfortable to call it a "Hendrix signature model" given this "compromise" ...

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:51 pm

double post

AJW

Post by AJW » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:35 pm

I bought a similar guitar a few years ago. It was the musicians friend deal of the day at around $300. They called it the '60s reverse strat then because it was not sanctioned by Authentic Hendrix (they had a Gibson attempt going on around that time). It was amost the same guitar minus the fancy neck plate.

Jaguarxj12

Post by Jaguarxj12 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:16 am

When i saw the Fender ad i was very excited but then I started looking at the specs.
The tuners are wrong, neck adjustment nut is in the wrong place, it has a skunk stripe. The 1997 tribute guitar was a great guitar.
I hate when companies like Marshall, Dunlop and Fender use jimis name to sale products that never excisted.
It`s been a long wait to see a Hendrix tribute guitar but some how it lacks something.

Its Luke

Post by Its Luke » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Jaguarxj12 wrote:When i saw the Fender ad i was very excited but then I started looking at the specs.
The tuners are wrong, neck adjustment nut is in the wrong place, it has a skunk stripe. The 1997 tribute guitar was a great guitar.
I hate when companies like Marshall, Dunlop and Fender use jimis name to sale products that never excisted.
It`s been a long wait to see a Hendrix tribute guitar but some how it lacks something.
Did you play one?

I went to the local guitar store where they had one left, played it in the store, loved it and brought it home.

If you don't like the specs don't buy it. You can still find the previous versions available used, but I have to tell you this is a great deal for the money in my opinion. Who cares that some of the specs aren't what he played, it totally has the vibe and feel for me and the sound is what matters. No one cares on stage if it has a skunk stripe, wrong tuners, different fender logo than you like etc etc.

Play more and complain less. :jimi:

Peace

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:10 pm

AJW wrote:I bought a similar guitar a few years ago. It was the musicians friend deal of the day at around $300. They called it the '60s reverse strat then because it was not sanctioned by Authentic Hendrix (they had a Gibson attempt going on around that time). It was amost the same guitar minus the fancy neck plate.
Yeah, I grabbed one of those, too. Not bad, GREAT for $$. Neck pickup crapped out but I have plans to swap out anyway. At first I thought I'd like one with the cool neck plate but then realized that's $$ in Janie's pocket. Sorry, Janie. Ain't getting mine.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

AJW

Post by AJW » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:37 pm

The 60s reverse strat has been a mod platform for me. It was a decent guitar out of the box. It was just something cheap to experiment with. I have swapped out nearly everything on it over the years. It has Callaham H/SRV pickups and a Silent Single Coil Back Plate. I even sanded the fretboard radius to 12" and refretted it with SS frets at one point. Now it has a right hand reverse Warmoth pro neck on it. It's my go to Hendrix tune guitar.

Jaguarxj12

Post by Jaguarxj12 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:26 am

Did you play one?

I went to the local guitar store where they had one left, played it in the store, loved it and brought it home.

If you don't like the specs don't buy it. You can still find the previous versions available used, but I have to tell you this is a great deal for the money in my opinion. Who cares that some of the specs aren't what he played, it totally has the vibe and feel for me and the sound is what matters. No one cares on stage if it has a skunk stripe, wrong tuners, different fender logo than you like etc etc.

Play more and complain less. :jimi:

Peace[/quote]

I haven`t play one put i bet it`s just the same as a mim strat good value for money.
The Mij st-68 is much closer to the real 68 specs. I`m not complaing just staing the facts. It would be the same if Ibanez made a Jimi tribute. I actually have the 1997 tribute model it was a pargain of a lifetime and that is a great guitar with a vintage feel.
And no i`m not buying the new "tribute" model ;)

stratcat

Post by stratcat » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Got two. Awesome guitars-

Roe

Post by Roe » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:59 am

I also got one. It sounds great plugged in but I,m not happy with the unplugged sound yet. Also the neck is a little thin for my taste. I prefer a noload tone control on the neck and bridge pickups. The pickups are absolutely great IMHO. I prefer rasing the bridge pickup more than normal on the bass side for a great bridge tone
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:49 am

Fender did release via the Custom Shop a '68 Strat with a maple cap neck, that would be a true Hendrix tribute Strat and no Janie involved!! :jimi: :jimi: :jimi:
yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:19 pm

why did they put the trus rod adjustment on the headstock. That ruins it for me. Kills the vibe, 9.5 radius :( $900 :(