Jimi Hendrix Woodstock Stratocaster

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Jimi Hendrix Woodstock Stratocaster

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Xplorer wrote:i don't know, the movie may be HD, but a number of things may prevent us from seing this tiny notch. that's totaly possible and trust me i'm a 3d perspectivist, light has plenty tricks ...
i don't say it's here, i don't say it's not here, i scientificaly don't know if it was there at Woodstock.

the hard proof would have been to be there on Woodstock day, with the strat in our hands. not possible.
there are at least 10 or more shots in the movie where you can see no notches

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:29 pm

it looks like i talk for nothing since i'm not heard. nevermind, back to square one.
can we at least let these subjects aside ? anyway we will.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Xplorer wrote:it looks like i talk for nothing since i'm not heard. nevermind, back to square one.
can we at least let these subjects aside ? anyway we will.
you i have proved my point many times and you just keep on believing no proof, Not square one here i know the truth :)

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:44 pm

you i have proved my point many times and you just keep on believing no proof, Not square one here i know the truth :)
oh i know you've said your point many times ............. please live your religion and truth in peace :) we don't need to be converted.
i may say that you keep on believing no proof too, and you forget that talking Hendrix isn't just about talking proofs and truth.
always beware of peoples saying "i know the truth" ...........

please cut the subject now and send us some clips and mods and builds instead, show that you sound like it man ... no more "proof talking" please, thanks

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Xplorer wrote:
oh i know you've said your point many times ............. please live your religion and truth in peace :) we don't need to be converted.
i may say that you keep on believing no proof too, and you forget that talking Hendrix isn't just about talking proofs and truth.
always beware of peoples saying "i know the truth" ...........

please cut the subject now and send us some clips and mods and builds instead, show that you sound like it man ... no more "proof talking" please, thanks
keep going LOL you have proved nothing i have proved every thing i claim with hard evidence. Your all talk with no proof. You dont even make sense any more :shock: Why dont you do what you say and send some clips and mods and builds your self. your all talk.You cut the subject now

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:04 pm

you're free to believe anything you want toneseaker :)

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Xplorer wrote:you're free to believe anything you want toneseaker :)
feel free to disbelieve all the hard evidence xplorer :) And ruin more threads driving them into the ground when some one disagrees with you

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Xplorer wrote:
yngwie308 wrote:I have met Mike Eldred and he is quite smart and would have thought to save Jimi's strings when they were taken off,also the strings can be removed without cutting.
As far as I can remember the Strat that Mike is holding is the Woodstock Strat the NAMM show display featured the replicas and the original.
Cheers
yngwie308
Yngwie, you're right, i mean, mike eldredd didn't cut the strings, but someone else did ! Neville Marten ...
"The strings were indeed rusty and the frets had gone a bit green. Interestingly, the spotted cat-fur strap (ocelot, I think – very non-PC today) was still in place. We later checked clutches of spots on the unfortunate feline's hide against photos of Jimi, and it was clearly one and the same.
Why didn't I keep the strings?
Taking the guitar to my workbench I checked the neck for straightness and it needed a slight tweak of the truss rod. That done, I cut off the strings and threw them in the bin. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Today they alone would probably be worth £50,000 (with Jimi's DNA all over them)!

Having cleaned the whole guitar and polished the frets the next step was to restring it and set the action. It was weird to realise that the last person to do this might well have been Hendrix himself, as there are well-known photos of him doing it backstage before a gig.

I threaded each string through the guitar's tremolo block, over the individual saddles, up over the reversed nut and onto the 'F'-stamped Kluson tuners. It didn't need a lot more doing to it, but I tweaked the saddle heights, made minor intonation and pickup adjustments and that was it.

I did plug it in to an amp, but as I am right-handed and it was strung upside-down, a quick Little Wing was out of the question so I simply played a few notes to check that the electrics worked."
from here : http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... rat-178118
ok I sent him a message on face book asking him about the notches
Here is the message i sent

Hi can i ask are you the guy that examined Jimi Hendrix's white strat. There is a big question going around of people saying it had a notch in the frets around the14-16 fret for the intro to Foxy lady. is this true. It says in a article you polished the frets. Did you mill them possibly taking out a notch or simply polish them

Here is his response NO NOTCHES
Yes I did, when I worked as Fender's UK guitar repairer. I've never heard anything about a 'notch' (don't really know what you mean). I did a light set-up on the guitar - action, restring and so on - but the frets only needed cleaning as they'd tarnished after two decades in a case under Mitch Mitchell's bed. It was the 'Woodstock' Strat but other than that was fairly unremarkable as a guitar (and other than the fact that Jimi played it!)..

Cheers
Neville.

EricBKR
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by EricBKR » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:49 am

Hi to you all!

I come back to this thread after a while. I've been kept busy by other matters... Luckily enough, it kept me far from a kind of violent debates...

Coming back to the OT, I still have no precise informations on Jimi Hendrix Woodstock Stratocaster pickups.

I decided to e-mail Mike Eldred, hoping we would reply.

Maybe somebody here knows him personally and could relay my questions ?

In 2002, when he was granted access to the guitar to make measurements of it, a video was recorded. I'd like to see it. Could be interesting.

Eric