Jimi Hendrix Woodstock Stratocaster

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Jimi Hendrix Woodstock Stratocaster

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Maybe Jimi told Eddie it was borrowed or Eddie was there. Dave provides no proof. your the one believing this twisted tale not me. Its amazing you want no hard evidence on something as important as Jimi's tone and take some ones word that has no proof they ever met Jimi :shock:
let's be equal then ;) , i want hard proof from Eddie kramer too ! even if he's eddie kramer.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Xplorer wrote:
Maybe Jimi told Eddie it was borrowed or Eddie was there. Dave provides no proof. your the one believing this twisted tale not me. Its amazing you want no hard evidence on something as important as Jimi's tone and take some ones word that has no proof they ever met Jimi :shock:
let's be equal then ;) , i want hard proof from Eddie kramer too ! even if he's eddie kramer.
Read his book Eddie says it. And i think we can believe Eddie who is know to work closely with Hendrix for years over Dave that provides no proof they ever knew Hendrix. Also there are no pictures of Jimi using that guitar any where else making the borrowed argumet by kramer viable not Daves. Hendrix liked gimmic like things so much that he would have used the guitar at more than the Newport show that he sat in with the Buddy Miles Express if he owned. All this makes it way more believabe about Kramer than Dave

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Read his book Eddie says it. And i think we can believe Eddie who is know to work closely with Hendrix for years over Dave that provides no proof they ever knew Hendrix. Also there are no pictures of Jimi using that guitar any where else making the borrowed argumet by kramer viable not Daves. Hendrix liked gimmic like things so much that he would have used the guitar at more than the Newport show that he sat in with the Buddy Miles Express if he owned. All this makes it way more believabe about Kramer than Dave
you're the one talking about what kramer said, bring his quote then. if eddie kramer was well known to have worked with Jimi, what he says about this tele neck still requires hard proof because for now it's just a claim, even if it's from eddie kramer.
let's be scientific and not partial ;) , in the end you'll see that there's not much to talk if we're going this way, because not much, even from eddie kramer or roger mayer or whoever played with him have hard proof for 99% of their claims.

you say yourself that it's about "believable or not believable" , so don't blend it with a "hard proof and evidence" approach ...

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Xplorer wrote:
you're the one talking about what kramer said, bring his quote then. if eddie kramer was well known to have worked with Jimi, what he says about this tele neck still requires hard proof because for now it's just a claim, even if it's from eddie kramer.
let's be scientific and not partial ;) , in the end you'll see that there's not much to talk if we're going this way, because not much, even from eddie kramer or roger mayer or whoever played with him have hard proof for 99% of their claims.

you say yourself that it's about "believable or not believable" , so don't blend it with a "hard proof and evidence" approach ...
the quote is in the book setting the story strait by Eddie Kramer. i dont have a copy and my local libray lost theres. if you dont believe me whein i tell you its in the book i read go buy one or check one out at a library. Again why is there no pictures of Jimi using the strat with the experience if he owned it

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:27 pm

the quote is in the book setting the story strait by Eddie Kramer. i dont have a copy and my local libray lost theres. if you dont believe me whein i tell you its in the book i read go buy one or check one out at a library. Again why is there no pictures of Jimi using the strat with the experience if he owned it
let's just not discuss your subject if you don't have the exact quote from Eddie.
of course i believe you that it's in the book, at least i'm open to it. but whatever Eddie said .... hard proof man ;) please

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Xplorer wrote:
let's just not discuss your subject if you don't have the exact quote from Eddie.
of course i believe you that it's in the book, at least i'm open to it. but whatever Eddie said .... hard proof man ;) please
I think some one (Eddie) that is proven to work with Hendrix can be believed over some one with no proof he ever even met Hendrix. i keep saying it but you wont acept it
Last edited by Tone seaker on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 pm

I think some one (Eddie) that is proven to work with Hendrix can be believed over some one with no proof. i keep saying it but you wont acept it
of course, i know that, and never said he didn't work with Jimi ... why do you try to make me say that ?

"can be believed" .... there's still no hard proof in this ;)

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Xplorer wrote:
I think some one (Eddie) that is proven to work with Hendrix can be believed over some one with no proof. i keep saying it but you wont acept it
of course, i know that, and never said he didn't work with Jimi ... why do you try to make me say that ?

"can be believed" .... there's still no hard proof in this ;)
Show me pics of the strat being used at other concerts with the Experience. There are none because it was borrowed like Eddie says not owned like Dave says. That is proof

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm

that is not proof ... damn, you should never ever be a court judge or a lawyer, this is not how it works toneseaker.
Show me pics of the strat being used at other concerts with the Experience. There are none because it was borrowed like Eddie says not owned like Dave says. That is proof
show me hard proof of what Eddie said, with pictures and DNA and a video of jimi claiming whatever is questioned here ;) and if you can't find it, i'll play like you and say : this is proof that it's fake.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Xplorer wrote:that is not proof ... damn, you should never ever be a court judge or a lawyer, this is not how it works toneseaker.
show me hard proof of what Eddie said, with pictures and DNA and a video of jimi claiming whatever is questioned here ;) and if you can't find it, i'll play like you and say : this is proof that it's fake.
Now you want hard proof well ask Dave to provide it :shock: How about you show what your claiming of Daves claims proving he is not a LIAR. Hard proof is in a published book with a quote by some one who is proven to work with Hendrix constanly not some one who claims to with no proof they ever met Hendrix. you show me proof Hendrix owend the guitar like your daddy Dave claims. The proof is Hendrix was heavily photgraphed and there are no pics of that guitar with the expeerince. you dont even know what your talking about saying "whatever is queationed here" Best stop now your just making yourself look bad :shock:

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:23 pm

you try to "intellectualy" faint that you don't understand, but it leads nowhere, it can't be a honest discussion, so there can't be a honnest conclusion, hence this endless talk.

this published book isn't a hard proof. this is claims by someone we can quite trust and who worked with jimi for sure, but that's all, this isn't called a proof. this is the word of someone. a word isn't a proof. i hope that you got it now, son, or grandpa ? uncle ?

hard proof is for example jimi in a video playing an amp which sounds just like it should, and opening it in front of our eyes, showing the tubes, the mods etc ...
there's no such thing.

about Eddie, i remember vaguely an interview where he talks about a little blonde amp, and he named the amp, a fender ... bassman ? showman ? i don't remember.
related facts and pictures "proved" that he was wrong and his memory wasn't so perfect". it wasn't a bassman but another, or whatever. who knows if everything he says in his book is totaly accurate ... we'll never know. it could very well be the case with this tele neck.

now you want hard proof : all you'll have is words, from either side, because that's all there is in this world.

a picture with el34 today isn't a picture with el34 from 45 years ago : there's not. but it doesn't mean that jimi didn't play with some, at least in the blackflag, i guess ... we'll never know. we'll have only believable things, words, sounds, and some pictures that don't show everything.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Xplorer wrote:you try to "intellectualy" faint that you don't understand, but it leads nowhere, it can't be a honest discussion, so there can't be a honnest conclusion, hence this endless talk.

this published book isn't a hard proof. this is claims by someone we can quite trust and who worked with jimi for sure, but that's all, this isn't called a proof. this is the word of someone. a word isn't a proof. i hope that you got it now, son, or grandpa ? uncle ?

hard proof is for example jimi in a video playing an amp which sounds just like it should, and opening it in front of our eyes, showing the tubes, the mods etc ...
there's no such thing.

about Eddie, i remember vaguely an interview where he talks about a little blonde amp, and he named the amp, a fender ... bassman ? showman ? i don't remember.
related facts and pictures "proved" that he was wrong and his memory wasn't so perfect". it wasn't a bassman but another, or whatever. who knows if everything he says in his book is totaly accurate ... we'll never know. it could very well be the case with this tele neck.

now you want hard proof : all you'll have is words, from either side, because that's all there is in this world.

a picture with el34 today isn't a picture with el34 from 45 years ago : there's not. but it doesn't mean that jimi didn't play with some, at least in the blackflag, i guess ... we'll never know. we'll have only believable things, words, sounds, and some pictures that don't show everything.
We can trust Kramer a heck of a lot more than Dave for sure. Kramer admits if he cant remeber but he says he does remeber on the strat/tele
Xplorer wrote:
hard proof is for example jimi in a video playing .
i provided hard proof with a close up of the white strat in Jimi's hands showing no notches. What have you provided. Umm NOTHING Put up or shut up son. Keep comming run this thread into the ground. go for it

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:04 pm

trust is not proof, since you want to play on the "proof" stage.

the notch : hat you provided only tells that at some point there was no notchs. it doesn't tell more than that.
i'm just trying to approach this scientificaly, you don't really ..

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Xplorer wrote:trust is not proof, since you want to play on the "proof" stage.

the notch : hat you provided only tells that at some point there was no notchs. it doesn't tell more than that.
i'm just trying to approach this scientificaly, you don't really ..
Dave says the white strat was notched before woodstock. Thus my photo proves it to be wrong and bringing every thing he says into question. I have proved you just argue and wont acept it

Um i think i did approach scientifcaly with pictures. Again where is you and Daves

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:43 pm

i don't know, the movie may be HD, but a number of things may prevent us from seing this tiny notch. that's totaly possible and trust me i'm a 3d perspectivist, light has plenty tricks ...
i don't say it's here, i don't say it's not here, i scientificaly don't know if it was there at Woodstock.

the hard proof would have been to be there on Woodstock day, with the strat in our hands. not possible.