Hendrix auction new years day

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Hendrix auction new years day

Post by Tone seaker » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:25 pm

his thunder bass amp and wha are listed. Hard to believe he owned and used the thunder bass amp but i guess he did. I own one and had it in a vintage amp shop for a year and a half asking $150 with no takers, Its a real pile of cr#p sounding amp

http://jlevines.com/new-years-day/

scrool down
https://www.facebook.com/JLevineAuction ... b%22%7D%7D

daveweyer
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Hendrix auction new years day

Post by daveweyer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:13 pm

I'll try to help out that conception with some audio of that Quantum amp, using some of Xplorer's licks he sent me. It sounds pretty bitchin.
There is the Thunderbass amp, and then the Quantum Thunderbass, two completely different amps, different circuits, output tubes, power, etc.
When we get these posted let us know what you think.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:35 pm

can you tell from looking at them which is which. The one in the auction has some switch in the bottom to the right of the center that is not the power or stand by. Other than that it looks like the thing i got

Alnico

Post by Alnico » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Absolutely not the Woodstock wah, which was an Italian Vox. :roll:

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:21 pm

Dave here is a article about you. Are you selling this stuff? What is that other silve open box in the Auction?

http://scottsdale.com/local-spotlight/j ... ay-auction

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Yeah, I wanted to let the stuff go before I kick the bucket. The silver chassis is the prototype fuzz we made for Jimi, the 3 transistor model. I didn't have the original fuzz in the Arbiter casing, but the prototype was still in a box, so I gave that to Antoine to put in the auction. Who knows, it's bit of history that might be important for somebody.
I've had really good responses from real Jimi experts who recognize the stuff, still a few who think they know better that weren't there, but generally positive feedback from the serious buyers.
God knows they've done enough pictorial analysis, digital enhancement, tone comparisons, etc etc.
They've also had some serious players try the stuff to see for themselves. They have been over the equipment and story from top to bottom again and again and again.
Nobody has come up with a thing to refute what has been said, or make any claim for a different artifact, but time will tell. If anyone has anything substantive to add to the story one way or another I would encourage them to get in touch with Antoine at J Levines auction and appraisal.

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:31 pm

How did the auction go Dave? :)

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Well thieves broke into the auction house and took about a quarter million in jewels and guns, but missed the pedal, which was sitting in a glass case adjacent.
So it has been postponed until police do their work. They always say expect the unexpected!

Tone seaker

Post by Tone seaker » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

That stinks is the amp still there? :)

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm

oh no ! that's really bad !

daveweyer

Post by daveweyer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Big story on ABC15 news about the burglary:

"Thieves make off with $225,000.00 worth of jewelry and guns but miss Jimi Hendrix' amp and Wah pedal worth $100,000,000.00!"

They called me and I did an interview about it, some folks even saw my mug on TV!

I found the whole thing amusing, actually rather intriguing, I mean, what if they seriously would have gotten the pedal, where would that leave us? Yet another mysterious Jimi story to go in the annals of Hendrix conspiracy films. I thought to myself, I bet Jimi is laughing about this......

Oh by the way, Roger Mayer got ahold of us and said he did not do the reamp/slave mod on the Guild amp as Jimi told me. So for now I retract that from my Guild amp writings. I have asked Roger who might have done it, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll let you know if I find out.

Tek465b

Post by Tek465b » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

Omg thats a very funny story.
Honestly thats a very good publicity to your gear for sale.
I guess the price will go sky high now loll.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Seriously ?? wow

and how did roger contacted you ? i hope that he'll answer, that would be cool to have some kind of common remembrances from roger and Dave, something like that, the main two who touched Jimi's gears and sound.