fake mustards

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

crumb

Re: fake mustards

Post by crumb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Hello

the guy who is now trying to peddle his fake caps to people here by posting pictures of them, is a phony. he's a con-man.
just read his posts..he tells us how to make fake caps look real..and real caps look fake. How to brighten leads..how to oxidise them
The guy is a con-man..a fake..a phony.
You seem to have trouble understanding primary sources of evidence..you're the guy who could spot a fake without ever pulling a real cap apart.
read the guys posts..its all there in front of you bud.
What I'm now saying ( ive been trying to say it all along ) is that if the cap looks new..it is.
Don't try now and tell me you don't think what I'm saying is true. I know the smell of rotting fish is curling up peoples noses here because of my posts here.. GOOD.
Donald Trump is your president, you should probably respect him more.
The guy is trying to basically make america great again. He doesnt like chinese because theyre getting too rich at americas expense...he doesnt like news services because they make fake news..he doesnt like political correctness...neither do i.
The last guy you had was a fucking moron..he didnt actually do anything but protect minorities...what did he protect them from exactly? are they getting thrown off roofs..are they getting buried alive? Oh thats right...trump stopped that from happening in Iraq. Obama did NOTHING in iraq except make it worse. Pilots couldnt shoot or fire missiles. trump gets in..isis leaves iraq..runs away to syria...the only thing preventing trump from destroying minority hating terrorists in syria is fake news media, media would have a field day with him if he did what he wanted to do there.
Do you remember when he refused to show blue light over white house...and the cops were pissed? what light did he shine over the white house instead..that fucking rainbow...your president was encouraging men to marry eachother hahahaa my god the irony is incredible.
Trump is ok, hes about to start a war with china, but hes ok.
Again people, if the cap looks new, its fake.
Simple.
Last edited by crumb on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm

tell me, do you think these caps are real or fake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-NOS-Mulla ... :rk:8:pf:0

these look a whole lot like the fake caps the serpent posted in here just before...they're fake.Simple. These look like they were made yesterday. My god, look at the sheen on them after 50 years ..

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:15 pm
tell me, do you think these caps are real or fake?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-NOS-Mulla ... :rk:8:pf:0

these look a whole lot like the fake caps the serpent posted in here just before...they're fake.Simple. These look like they were made yesterday. My god, look at the sheen on them after 50 years ..
Now I agree they look very dodgy!

BTW I have zero respect for DT he lies and then turns on his arse and bare face lies again on camera and then changes his mind then blames someone else and sacks them ('you're fired!') I thought he was stupid but he's a smart slime ball (sorry George you can mod this out - just got to get it off my chest after a week of watching his racist tat.)
Neil

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:32 pm

that last link i sent you...Note the value of them...theyre .010

these come straight out of a "philips service bag"..remember... the bag with the little tag where the punch hole was made?..this is the whole scam in a nutshell.

Buy a bag of 100 from crime ring for 200-260 $...pull two out and sell em for 25 bucks.

All the evidence of this happening is there right in front of you.

Wanna see fake axial mustards?

just type "mustard capacitor" in to ebays search function...95 percent are fake.

trust the crumb..the crumb is right. :thumbsup:

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by axeman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Psych.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm

axeman,

i made this amp once.
absolute beast of a thing.
I welded up a chassis from c section, a building material...c section metal for supporting floors.
i carefully selected an output transformer from my stash...i planned this build around this idea I have that I love fender amps, blackface ones, but i hate the way they fold at around 6 or 7 on the volume control..they just kind of turn to mush.
So I use this ultralinear output transformer with the correct turns rations, not too hi-fi...probably 15khz top cut...in reality probably 10khz..
I use this monster power transformer, 425-325 0-325-425 @ 250ma..proper beast of a thing..NOS Trimax..i use the 325 taps of course..
I kind of steal the circuit by just taking the 2nd channel from a ab763 super reverb, ditching the tremolo and keeping the reverb.
So the amp has 4 knobs only ...vol..treb..bass...rev.
2x6l6gc blackplates, genuine NOS..beautiful glass otherwise...carbon comp resistors you name it.
Now at the time, i could only use a certain brand for signal caps...coupling caps.
I build this thing and its doing exactly what i want it to do...you turn the volume up and there is no cave in..in fact it goes all marshall like at vol levels after 6. very linear..very loud and just what i wanted..the power delivery was perfect.
The problem I had was this harshness in the frequency response..now i have about 50 amps here, im serious..i move from one to the other..playing..tuning etc. So this little build kind of got forgotten because it just didnt sound right..you know? it made its way back to the bench about a year or so after i built it...got forgotten again.
Then..i ran into some ajax's some of those blue bastards..a whole big bag of em..i ripped out the caps that were in there...chucked these ajax in..and omfg..this amp came to life..i mean this thing is the best amp in the whole world..it will do anything..SRV..stones..it will easily nail hendrix... dime it and it goes all jmp50 on me..this thing is a tone weapon..a monster.
Theres only two amps that get played here atm...that one and that balltearer jmp50..and its been like that for 6 months.
To give you some perspective, i own a 1966 super reverb...everything is stock..changed out filters of course..some carbon got changed out cause of drift...some new blackplates but thats it.
That ultralinear diy amp cant be compared to it..the super reverb is like a kiddies toy in comparison.
See...the thing is axeman...its all in the caps and o/t..right?
You're happy with your caps arent you?

crumb

Post by crumb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:43 pm

I wake up now and see there have been no responses.
I see that the thread hasn't been wiped.
I have no doubt it would have been wiped days ago had it not been a topic that strikes so deep in the hearts of people who just want to build really good marshall amps....people that have been ripped, and ripped bad.
I see there is no further data, and more interestingly, data has been wiped by the people that introduced that data.
Fair enough of course, but it doesn't help much does it?
I think you all realise now that more data is needed in relation to the current availability of actual mustards, I can negate the need for that information by telling you now, there is no current availability..except for the odd one or two here and there.
When you think about it, the requirement or desire for authentic, genuine coupling caps that were used in old marshall amps is a bit silly in the first place, especially when you consider the existence of say..the mallory 150 range.
After all, In the absence a genuine c1998 or whatever other authentic xformer were in these things..you're never gonna have an authentic amp anyway..its like putting a ferarri steering wheel on your new honda ..its not gonna cut it.
I've been watching some of Georges comparison clips, fuck man, you dont need mustards at all..He's nailed that marshall love tone..nailed it properly..doesn't look like he needs 'em.
I want what he's got...I actually want one of those Metroplex amps, its the sonic version of Achilles..wielding a sword of solid tone..ripping and slicing the unworthy.

Off topic..has anyone put a set of ajax ( old fender poly film and foil) in a plexi?
I reckon it would sound the same..theyre just film and foil after all.
If it isnt the same..then why?
I'd say it would have something to do with the softness of that mylar wrap..its like the sonic difference between an output transformer with paper sheathing vs plastic sheathing or paper vs plastic bobbin...all that stuff makes a difference to the magnetic field footprint.
I have no idea of course, but the capacitive charge would have a different ' shape' due to the softness or hardness of that mylar, or the purity of the aluminium foil. :scratch:
I have the ajax, i have the plexi.
I might perform this experiment, probably not though..too lazy.

crumb

Post by crumb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 pm

ok..heres your one in a hundred.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-original-M ... :rk:8:pf:0

note the cracked ends where the leads go on..about 1mm in from the end of the cylinder...zoom in on the leads..they're pitted. these have been cleaned up as per the con man who was posting here described.

I'm almost sure..95 percent..that these are actually genuine.

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:09 pm

The caps have cracked epoxy on the leads because the seller bent the leads over..

"The caps have been cleaned up"
Yet the caps were stored on tape and real and the dried tape is still present on the ends.

Crumb your junior Mustard detective service is no good :palm:

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:48 pm

have you ever walked into a room and smelt a snake, a pet snake someone has in a fish tank?

ewwww..

Zero interest, None of my posts are directed at you, theyre ABOUT you.
You're the type of person that simply takes advantage.
You're a taker.
This thread is about education, its about identifying fake caps..I had a certain need for someone to bounce my data at so the good people could get a bit spatial about the issue..So they utilise the evidence in a 3d kind of way.
You fell for it hook line and sinker.
Your usefulness here is no longer required.
Good luck with your ( lol ) 400 caps, Serpent.

...oh..I just worked it out..at least one little snake is going to bid on something on ebay in the next few days.,, :wink:

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:14 pm

here is a couple of genuine mustard caps currently on ebay.

Bit of pitting, coating does not look like it was applied yesterday..these caps are old and they look it.

Take a look at the one on the left, these caps have straight leads...nice and straight.
Zoom right in on it, and you'll see the crack at the bottom of the cap, just above where the lead goes in. Its only barely visible, but its there. I've got very good vision developed when i was a kid looking for five cent pieces in the grass at the local football field.
The coating on genuine caps is simply going off, its oxidising...shrinking by the looks of things actually as well as going a bit soft.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NOS-Vintage- ... 0005.m1851

crumb

Post by crumb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Guitar players don't have the monopoly on good tone, listen to this viola at 2:53...these hare krishna dont muck around when they hire musicians...if youre gonna listen to this..get some vibe in before 2:53...come in at 1:50 or sumfen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtN2aNT ... wg&index=5

:thumbsup:

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Crumb I'm looking for some .022 uf for my next build could you please direct me to the real ones on ebay so everyone knows what on to get?

crumb

Post by crumb » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:17 am

"Unread post by RockinRocket » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Crumb I'm looking for some .022 uf for my next build could you please direct me to the real ones on ebay so everyone knows what on to get?"

- your post makes zero sense, serpent, and I have no interest.
zero Interest.

crumb

Post by crumb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:42 am

two days ago, one of these bags gets sold.
now, another magically appears!!
It's like a doorway to the past !!
Amazing.
If you're still not convinced of the great mustard scam, go to this page and look at the third photo.
If you see the third photo and still dont get it, stop trying...go and pen your letter to santa, christmas isn't far away.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-X-Mullard- ... 0167.m2940