Bugera 1960 Cascade/RR/1 Wire Mod

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

BowerR64
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Bugera 1960 Cascade/RR/1 Wire Mod

Post by BowerR64 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:11 am

edde wrote:I installed the RR mode now with a switch!
IMAG0017.jpg
The green cable is connected on the backside

I see that its very tight around the big capacitors. Isnt it just to put two inches of cable from the pcb to the new capacitor if it wouldnt fit?

The pots for volume and eq looks very bad, do you think they suck a lot of tone? Do extension cables in general suck tone? The bypass circuit looks digital and i really doubt its true bypass, that will also suck some tone?

Im not sure if i know were to find this stages of the amp:

"Va - anode supply; plate voltage to output stage; aka V+ or B+; in the context of the Power Scale circuit, this is the actual voltage applied to the output transformer from the regulator output

Va' - Va-prime; this is the stock plate supply connection on the filter cap positive-end

Vs - screen supply; in the context of the Power Scale circuit, this is the voltage applied to the screen resistors from the regulator output

Vs' - Vs-prime; this is the stock screen supply connection on the filter cap positive-end
"

If you know were they are, could you please tell me?

Edde

I know this is an old post but you did not mention where the green wire from the switch is soldered to? Is it ground? or the top point where R31 was?

JulianLM

Post by JulianLM » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey guys !

I'm kinda late but I'd really want to mod my 1960 with the resistor thing, the channel 1 is overly too bright to my tastes !

But the pictures are missing now ! :(

Thanks a lot :peace:

oceait

Post by oceait » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm intersted too... guess I will keep my eyes open. Blasted thing is loud AF stock, need to tame it down to a reasonable roar! :wink: