Marshall JTM 60 FX LOOP help!!! (SOLVED)

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

torcamaniac
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Marshall JTM 60 FX LOOP help!!! (SOLVED)

Post by torcamaniac » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:42 am

Hi guys.
I was wondering if you could give me some advice about Marshall JTM 60 FX Loop. I modded the sound of the amp myself and also fixed the overheating issue.
But the problem I'm having is the serial or parallel fx loop. The JTM 60 has both. For example in my Peavey VK all the delay pedals function great with no difference in sound and volume. On Marshall in serial loop, they sound good on clean chanel. On gain chanel its crackling and quieter. On the other hand in parallel loop, the clean chanel is too quiet and gain is normal but the delay effect itself is very quiet even when maxed on the stomp box.
I also changed all the send and return jacks with the ones from neutrik because original Marshall were cheap stuff. Didn't help. 
I guess the whole think has something to do with line level/instrument level. I'd like to modify it if possible with resistors as voltage dividers but am not sure what to do exactly. If I've read the circuit right both Loops sends have 470 Ohm and 100K (this one is on ground also) resistors and before them a transistor and capacitor. There are also a 10 Ohm and 10K resistor in this part of the circuit but I am not sure what these do.
Do you have any advice on what I should do?

Thanks, Igor