Source for Vishay/Beyschlag MBE0414 Resistors?

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

syscokid
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Source for Vishay/Beyschlag MBE0414 Resistors?

Post by syscokid » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Ok, and thanks for the reply and info. Those Rs look nice with impressive specs, too.
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West

bill bokey

Post by bill bokey » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 am

FourT6and2 wrote:
bill bokey wrote:I don't know where you are located but over here in EU they are available at conrad.com

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/419 ... ggest=true
I'm in the USA. The resister you linked to doesn't appear to be a Vishay/Beyschlag MBE0414. The data sheet says it is an "MSW MFR 1145" series? Are you sure it's the same as the Beyschlag Larry recommends?

I must thank you for pointing out that the resistors sold by Conrad are NOT the ones Larry recommends. As they're advertised as 0414 and as the picture shows an actual MBE0414 I assumed they were a new version, dark blue vs light blue. I don't know if it's the case, if the only difference between the is the colour but I just ordered a few Rs from Distrelec and here they are (on the right hand side) next to the ones Conrad sell :

MadMike

Post by MadMike » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi,
i had email contact with someone from conrad about a year ago. He told me, that they buy the resistors as a no name product from a distributor. as far as i know they used to sell the beyschlag resistors and just still use the old picture...

FourT6and2
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by FourT6and2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Yeah, I've already confirmed that Conrad does not currently sell/stock Vishay/Beyschlag MBE 0414. They are a different product from a different company.

Distrelec does, though.

I managed to get a business account with Distrelec and have received my order! I also found a distributor in Japan where I purchased a bunch in bulk at a good price. So I'm fully stocked. In fact, I have so many I might be willing to sell them to people in the USA if anybody is interested. The values I got are specific to an amp I'm building. But if enough people need additional values, I can order them.