fake mustards

Info for maintaining and tweaking your amp to perfection.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: fake mustards

Post by RockinRocket » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Ill let you reread early in the thread and keep on rereading of where you said you were going to report this to the feds for a international investigation :wink:

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

I couldn't find the bit where you state you've taken a look inside one of these caps.
i did find this though from you

"Tass you gotta post the Ebay link so us Meto board newbs don't get taken advantage of.

I don't want fake Mustards! I just put 33p .022 in a customers amp. Hes not happy I'm sure"

- indeed.

Nicholas, pls do remind us of your post, it seems to have vanished, go ahead and paste it here.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Still can't find your post nicholas..

found this though

"You should inform your scammer to dip the leads in wine vinegar over night to tarnish the leads to make them more authentic for the next sucker :roll: "

Is this how scammers like you operate...everyone apart from you is a 'sucker'..to simply be exploited for their ignorance?

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm

ok people, this is Nicholas telling us about his experiences opening up some mustard or fake mustard caps:

" I could never pull the leads out of the broken caps I dissected."

Is that it ?
tell us more Nicholas..we are all waiting.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Are you tellung us here that you didn't even crack open an old one?
You've never even seen an original mustard cap have you?

FourT6and2
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:41 pm
If you think that this tin covering, or whatever compound it is doesn't tarnish, then you're blind or need glasses.
And if you think rust is the same as tarnish, you need to jump off a water tower. Oh wait... oxygen is acid right? Yeah, do the world a favor and look into euthanasia.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 pm
ok, the amp you have there that is full of fake caps may have copper leads covered with tin, real mustards don't.
i'm sorry for your loss.
The leads are tinned copper. It's right in the freakin' data sheet for these caps direct from the manufacturer.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm

fourt

I view posts like your last one here regarding suicide as anguish.Or some kind of cry for help.
Mate, you cant change the facts, you can't make shit up, you can only view the data and/or add to it as you did with your observation re tinned leads.
You've done nothing here except snipe away ..what for? you think your fake caps are gonna become real?
As I've already said, I'm sorry for your loss.
If i killed myself, would your fake caps become real?
You've been ripped off, that;s not my problem..it's yours.
Tell us, fourt, what do you think about this mylar tensile strength data..no opinion?

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm
Tell us, fourt, what do you think about this mylar tensile strength data..no opinion?
I think the hole in the ozone layer you got down there has fried your brain. Or you've licked one too many cane toads.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm

People like you should have blown this claim to pieces, it's been one month and the claim is solid.
Not one person has offered any data that shoots it down...all I see is bitterness.
Again, these turds that fill those thousands of amps including yours are YOUR problem, not mine.
I got a refund.
If you're interested FourT, get some caps and get to work ripping them apart..it takes minutes.
Otherwise, your bitterness is just obstructing a serious topic.

FourT6and2

Post by FourT6and2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 pm

crumb wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm
People like you should have blown this claim to pieces, it's been one month and the claim is solid.
Not one person has offered any data that shoots it down...all I see is bitterness.
Again, these turds that fill those thousands of amps including yours are YOUR problem, not mine.
I got a refund.
If you're interested FourT, get some caps and get to work ripping them apart..it takes minutes.
Otherwise, your bitterness is just obstructing a serious topic.
Hmm, seems like I'm your problem. Not the other way around.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:58 pm

To me, people like you simply obstruct..you're a spoiler.
This is a serious subject mate...I suggest you cover your eyes if it hurts too much.

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 pm

i do have to go now, ill be back later.
try and get some data, bitterness is just unnecessary.

RockinRocket
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by RockinRocket » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Taz link your Facebook with all your data. I still haven't seen it. I am dying to see this!

Even if every NOS component sold is fake I don't care. They look 99.99999% real to me. I have no doubts and I'm going to enjoy playing and using them in my builds. If its just a placebo effect then so be it. They look way to authentic for me to worry about it. Especially when its something as unimportant as that extra 1% of guitar tone and 100$ :lol:

Tazz I would recommend getting a job and a girlfriend and stop worrying about it. No one cares that you "have to go now" Lifes to short my man. Your 20 now and youll be asking your self when your 50 what you did with your life worrying about petty things in life.

Edit- Please do a build thread I want to see this piece of garbage with real cracked Mustards falling apart and this tin can chassis you made :rock: .

crumb

Post by crumb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm

" Even if every NOS component sold is fake I don't care. They look 99.99999% real to me"

This statements defines you as an amp builder, and a man.
You don't tell people that you've filled their amps with caps that are fake, you just take their money.

I knew these 33p caps were fake the very second I laid eyes on them, they don't look real to me and they don't look real to the many heavyweights who could have chimed in here at any time in the last 30 days or so and shot the argument down.
These old hands, they know full well they're fake.
You, Nicholas, have never worked on an amp with astrons, by your own admission..ie..you're a lightweight.

This thread isn't about your misgivings however, Nicholas, it's about fake caps. I seek comment from you for the purposes of clarity..to show the people what they need to see. I despise you and your kind, YOU'RE fake, as evidenced by the above paraphrased comment, as you've stated that you sell these to people and you don't care if they're fake..you're just vile.
We as a community need to find out when it started, what the fakes look like, we need to map the activity of vermin like you, so that newbs and everyone else don't get ripped off, and so people know what they have in their amps.
Thankyou for your honesty AND your utter lack of honesty Nicholas, I hope you get locked up and/or sued.
Your evasiveness and lack of data in regards to your own little autopsy you conducted have been duly noted by the good people watching the thread..a thread that has possibly broken records in this forum for views over a given amount of time.
If anyone else has any further data, pls do comment.