Lar Mar PPIMV

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Big Jim
Just the numbers in order: 7

Lar Mar PPIMV

Post by Big Jim » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:01 pm

My amp has killer tone but.....It is really loud. Do those of you that have the PPIMV like it? Does it affect your amp when its wide open? I assume that its not difficult to install. I didnt like the sound of the attenuator that I tried. As an amp builder/Metro owner is it natural for my ears to ring constantly? :lol: Any thoughts/opinions anyone. Jim

thousandshirts

Re: Lar Mar PPIMV

Post by thousandshirts » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:04 pm

$8 says it's worth trying.

http://metroamp.com/store/product_info. ... cts_id=498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Sounds better than an attenuator to me. And the kit works great.
have it on my JTM45 and finished my 50 up last night.

Like anything, drastic reduction is going to be a compromise, but anything 1/2 up and over sounds unaffected to me. Or at least enough where I don't notice it.
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee
Powered by Thorn and Kauer guitars
Scumback Speakers

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the input..I guess I'll give it a whirl! Like thousand said what have I got to lose for 8 bucks. Did you put yours in the speaker ouput hole? How does that work out? Do I just stub off the wiring that currently occupies that output jack? This will teach you to answer one of my posts :lol: Hey man, I saw your 50 Watter today..looks great ...enjoy! :D
Jim

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:43 am

I just only hooked up one speaker jack right from the get go on he 50. Yeah just moved all connections to the one speaker jack and was good to go!

Very easy, works well, you'll dig it!
Marshall 2550 Jubilee
Powered by Thorn and Kauer guitars
Scumback Speakers

DFredericks

Post by DFredericks » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Hmmmm If I need to install this on the 100 watt Plexi is it possible to continue to have two speaker outs? Can you not just drill another hole in thechassis to accomodate the PPIMV?

thousandshirts

Post by thousandshirts » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:11 pm

DFredericks wrote:Hmmmm If I need to install this on the 100 watt Plexi is it possible to continue to have two speaker outs? Can you not just drill another hole in thechassis to accomodate the PPIMV?
Yes. Many people here prefer a single, straight front 4x12 for the internal size in cubic inches or litres. However if you are set on using two 2x12s, that is perfectly fine as well. Simply drill another hole for the PPIMV.

A number of other folks here, as you will see with some time surfing the forums, will have two speaker outs and a PPIMV in a third hole.

The suggestion for removing one speaker jack and then doing a 'non-intrusive' installation of the PPIMV is of interest to many people, though, as you might imagine. Especially for owners of older, original Marshalls.

DFredericks

Post by DFredericks » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 pm

thousandshirts wrote:
DFredericks wrote:Hmmmm If I need to install this on the 100 watt Plexi is it possible to continue to have two speaker outs? Can you not just drill another hole in thechassis to accomodate the PPIMV?
Yes. Many people here prefer a single, straight front 4x12 for the internal size in cubic inches or litres. However if you are set on using two 2x12s, that is perfectly fine as well. Simply drill another hole for the PPIMV.

A number of other folks here, as you will see with some time surfing the forums, will have two speaker outs and a PPIMV in a third hole.

The suggestion for removing one speaker jack and then doing a 'non-intrusive' installation of the PPIMV is of interest to many people, though, as you might imagine. Especially for owners of older, original Marshalls.
Yeah, I gotcha. Its not that Im set on using a few 2 x 12's its just thatoften space does not allow a 4 x 12 cab LOL

Often the space only allows me to have a singe 2 x 12 with the head on top.

Thanks for the answer, Im getting excited to start my new hobby LOL

thousandshirts

Post by thousandshirts » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 pm

DFredericks wrote: Im getting excited to start my new hobby LOL
It's one of the best

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:30 pm

Dfredericks, welcome to the forum. I agree with thousand all the way. Nothing is cooler than finding your tone in an amp that you built yourself. The guys here on the forum are really cool about helping us new guys get off to a good start. I cant wait to get started with my next build...Probably in the fall. Jim

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:32 pm

As everyone else has covered Dickie, Drill that mofo. If you build it, it'll always be 'original'. LOL
Marshall 2550 Jubilee