Marshall 1959 Ri effect's loop problem

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

pooleman
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Marshall 1959 Ri effect's loop problem

Post by pooleman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi! I have a 2007 Marshall 1959 Slp with the Fx loop.
The problem i am having is the signal coming from the send(when the amp is dimed) is to hot for my effects and causes unwanted distortion i tried the pad button but this doesn't really help.
I run the f/x send into a volume pot box and turn the signal down so it doesn't distort but i lose a lot of preamp gain by doing this.

rictus

Re: Marshall 1959 Ri effect's loop problem

Post by rictus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:07 am

Hi. I'm assuming this is a pedal.
If the -10 db setting it's enough, there are a couple of things you can try, but none of the ones I know of are free unfortunately.

Well the first thing, (and I'm guessing not the one want to do), is get a rack unit that's made for higher line level.

2nd you can look around for a different pedal. It is hard to know from what people say if it will work for you or not. Some pedals take higher inputs better than others. For instance, my DOD delay pedal distorts really easy in my loop but my t.c. electronics reverb seems to work much better in it. Unless you can find somebody that's tried a pedal on your exact amp at the same volume levels it's kinda a crap shoot.

Last, you can try a line level shifter such as the one made by Ebtech. I bought one to run my DOD delay in my jubilee loop. It did help some but it still distorted and it's not cheap. Again, kinda a crap shoot.

Are you looking at modding the amp?

Maybe somebody else has some more ideas.

pooleman

Re: Marshall 1959 Ri effect's loop problem

Post by pooleman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Thanks for you input and yes i have put a PPIMV in myself and removed the bright cap.
I Have a alesis midiverb 4 that i run into first. The signal is maxed out on it. I am going to try the auto level sensing on the midiverb next time at practice and see what happens.
I had Mesa's Marshall jcm 800 2210,peavey delta blues, carvins and have never had this issue with the midiverb in the fx loop of any of these amps.