New JTM 45 builder. Thought I would introduce myself!

New here? Need help? Don't know where to post? Post here.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

MattJ
Just the numbers in order: 13492

New JTM 45 builder. Thought I would introduce myself!

Post by MattJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Matt and I am a new JTM 45 builder. Just thought I would introduce myself here!

I joined this forum long ago, but haven't had a chance to start work on my 45 for quite a while due to work, school, life, etc. I've long been fascinated by amplifiers, and have built some 18 watters, a Trainwreck Express, and a couple of 5F1 Champs, but I've long wanted something with a classic Marshall tone!

I'm reading over all the information I can on the subject before I start gathering parts. I've already posted a question on Larry's star grounding scheme for the JTM 45 in the JTM 45 forum page.

All the best,
- Matt J.

danman

Re: New JTM 45 builder. Thought I would introduce myself!

Post by danman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Welcome aboard Matt! Good luck with your build and be sure to post plenty of pics as you go. Things have gotten a bit slow here in the past year but we always love to see new builds!

MattJ

Post by MattJ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks Dan!

I will start posting picture of my build as soon as I get started on it! I've got another 5F1 to finish up right now. :)

I'm still working out what all parts and pieces I want to use (Beyschlags, Pihers, NOS Mustards, etc?) before I start getting everything together! Experience has taught me that patience really pays off when you are working on a project like this!

- Matt J.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:29 am

8) :thumbsup:
Neil