NY amp show this week!

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

NY amp show this week!

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue May 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! We're packing for the amp show today. Leaving here Friday morning at 6AM.
Glad to be headed out, I had to miss this show last Spring.

BTW I have a True Replica straight basketweave cab here ready to go, plus plenty of space in the trailer. If anyone is interested I could bring it to NJ. Just let me know.

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Re: NY amp show this week!

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Well, too late for the basketweave straight cab. But we have the very last Metro assembled 45 kit here, still for sale. It's been sitting here for months. It almost sold on several occasions. I think I'll bring it along and put it out with a for sale sign.

Leaving tomorrow at 6AM.

george

BrianH

Post by BrianH » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Looking forward to seeing ya, George! Safe trip.

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Hey George, great to see you and the crew again! Thanks again for the tee. The bluesbreaker and '68 sounded epic! (loved the LP as well). Seemed like a bit of weird show this year...it felt almost too polite. Should've daisy-chained all your amps together and done a Hendrixian foxy lady at maui impression to wake everyone up. Hah! :twisted:

Brian, was good to see you, too, as brief as it was. I missed the TC booth. Did you guys just have the guitar pedals in there or did you have any of the vocal processor stuff (Helicon)?

Pete

BrianH

Post by BrianH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:22 pm

Good to see you, too, Pete!

Close, but not TC! Eventide. Show was great for us, non stop traffic. Space is a big hit!

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh yeah...duh! Too much coding and thinking of harmonies...I must've crossed the streams. :lol:

cfljames

Post by cfljames » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:Well, too late for the basketweave straight cab. But we have the very last Metro assembled 45 kit here, still for sale. It's been sitting here for months. It almost sold on several occasions. I think I'll bring it along and put it out with a for sale sign.

Leaving tomorrow at 6AM.

george
SOLD, :thumbsup: THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GEORGE,GREAT TO SEE YOU AND THE CREW.THURSDAY :mrgreen:
Current :
MARSHALL 1959HW TO 67/68 SUPERBASS
DIAZ CD100 HEAD
DIAZ 4X12/V30/4X12 ANGLE W/GREENBACKS
MARSHALL 4X12 W/CERWIN VEGA ER123 & GH30-H

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Most excellent to see you guys again! Agree it was somewhat pedestrian this year, maybe due to no Reinhold Bogner? Or just so much smaller than years past.
We made the most of it though. Had great time hanging and talking gear til the wee hours.

Brian, I made the same TC/Eventide mix up and felt terrible. Sorry again. I know better, just said the wrong brand name.

Glad you snagged that 45 from us. I was joking about needing gas money, but the guys took an extended detour on the way home by mistake. Lets just say Syracuse and Buffalo are lovely this time or year....
I'm still too mad to discuss further and didn't get home until 5AM last night. Anyone I did end up needing extra gas money.

I thought the 4-12 BW cab was coming back to Michigan, but that found a home at the last minute too.

The Gil Yaron got a lot of attention. Everyone seemed to dig it. A few serious cats gave it their approval.

I had a blast with the Tele tuned to G (and no low E string). Whip out a couple Stones licks, then hand it to someone. The look on their face at first is priceless.

Great time with John and Rick from Celestion, Greg and Ossie from 3 Monkeys, Nial from Solid Cables and everyone else we crossed paths with. Big thanks to our great friend Phil Caivano from Monster Magnet. He loaned us his 12,000 Series and brought his '54 JR and his Les Paul.

I have hours of video on the Zoom to look at and edit into clips. Will try to get on that this weekend.

george

BrianH

Post by BrianH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Pete, George, no worries at all!

I missed a Gil Yaron LP?!?! Damn! Is it yours, George?

I thought it was a good show, we had more activity than last year, perhaps partly due to our (intentionally a bit hokey) light show. Was also nice to meet Wooly Mammoth - big thanks to him for watching my room for a few minutes while I ran downstairs to give a coworker a pass.

Good to see you guys again.

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:50 am

We were joking that you could actually eat breakfast without it feeling like GC on a Saturday. Brian, you missed out...at one point in Darin's room we had 3 of his amps (one clean type through effects, the other two—a clean and dirty one) running simultaneously through a framptone 3-banger....the stereo spread was stellar! Also, with Nicky Moroch playing, you can't go wrong. George was there for some of it....I think we were all gearing up to hit Al Dente's for dinner. Longest wait but man....kick ass Italian!

George, I think the crew seriously wanted to surprise you with a Niagra Falls vacation. :lol:

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah, that did sound HUGE!

First clip is edited. I should have about 30 minutes of good stuff from our room to post soon. I put the Zoom on a tripod and let it run.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSbEL_nJCto[/youtube]

Al Dente was delicious!

George

MacGaden
Wiki Editor
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by MacGaden » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Nice... But too little Metro, and a little clip of your Yaron LP would go a long way..
MacG.

"Play it right, Dad ! No More Dwiddely Dwiddely !
My son Adam at 3 years old. Best advice I ever got..

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Metro clips coming, including lots if the GY LP. I just need to edit it all down.

George

Brandon
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Brandon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Looks like fun, Can't wait til the La show!

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 pm

George, some pics up at TGP:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showpo ... stcount=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;