Feeler.....'68 era Super Tremolo replica with SIR mod

Replica amps built by George Metropoulos himself. Visit PlexiReplicas.com.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Feeler.....'68 era Super Tremolo replica with SIR mod

Post by Strat78 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 am

Judging by the 500+ page thread the interest is already there. I had a guy last week request a #36 into a mod 5 type 12xxx but I don't have time or the brains for the job, plus allot of the AFD Slash tone nuts say certain tubes are required to get the #36 right. I think you can easily work around this issue and make it happen, and make a bundle!

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am

Just as the 12xxx clones 'caught fire' ,sales-wise, due to EVH's use of one, a SIR #36 clone should as well. Slash is a major force and imo its his tone and playing on 'Appetite For Destruction' that is the main marketing aspect. As we know from the 'SIR Thread', the #36 was/is a 1978 jmp super lead (right ?), and is what Slash tracked all of his 'AFD' parts with. I dont think 'ol Levi would have converted its PCB to a PTB board.

So,If you did a PCB clone of a 1978 JMP Super Lead board and design the Levi #36 spec and make a 100% accurate 'AFD' amp ('78 era headbox, tolex, rocker switches, etc), THEN, I think you would have enough demand to pull off a pretty good profit. Post some clips of it and it should slay the Marshall 'AFD' tone-wise, as well as please those wanting an EXACT replica of the fabled SIR #36.

The #36 is the widest net I think. Builders, tweakers, etc, would most likely not buy anyway and would prefer the PTP and versatility of the #39. The #36 is WWAAYYY more famous, PCB and all. It would appeal to non builders :thumbsup:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

rockgod212
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockgod212 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:34 pm

a trem amp would be cool. a real #36 would be great, as the ceriatone amp is wrong- so is the marshall AFD amp.
a plexi with switchable #36 with a trem even cooler. a plexi with a foot switchable xtra stage is cool too.
the #36 spec is out there, depending on who you talk to of course.
"purple power rules"

syscokid
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by syscokid » Sun May 25, 2014 12:38 pm

NY Chief wrote:Like you REALLY NEED an excuse for another project????? :wink:
:toast:
"When I'm on stage and first plug in, and I feel a rush of air in my balls... That's when I know my guitar is sounding good!" -Leslie West