Marshall 2203 100 watt parts sourcing..

Discuss our latest amp kit.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

hopkinWFG
Just the numbers in order: 7

Marshall 2203 100 watt parts sourcing..

Post by hopkinWFG » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 am

Hi i had known that Metro amps didnt do their KITs anymore and now after getting their PDF which i did a correspondent with them before it seems that the PDF has the whole load of instruction to complete the build.. it would be my very first attempt and judging from the way it looks with my electrical and bacis electronics know how i am quite confident to carrying it out.

thus i was wondering where could i possibly source out high quality parts less the Tranny, choke, Tubes and chassis which is on par with Metro amps which they used to offer in their KITs..

i have the 2203 listing on all the electronics but some are optional based on what Metro amps offer..

if anyone could kindly link me up to the site which i could possibly get all thoese needs for a built less mentioned items for a good price?

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Marshall 2203 100 watt parts sourcing..

Post by demonufo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:03 pm

I believe George has very kindly agreed to allow Heyboer to sell his spec transformers directly to the public, so it would be worth contacting them.

Or,

there is Marstran. :wink: :thumbsup: Brian Wallace (Marstran/Wallace amplification) has done an awful lot of work into creating his replica's, and I believe that George himself said that Brian helped George with information for making the Metropoulos replica's too.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

hopkinWFG

Post by hopkinWFG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:50 am

demonufo wrote:I believe George has very kindly agreed to allow Heyboer to sell his spec transformers directly to the public, so it would be worth contacting them.

Or,

there is Marstran. :wink: :thumbsup: Brian Wallace (Marstran/Wallace amplification) has done an awful lot of work into creating his replica's, and I believe that George himself said that Brian helped George with information for making the Metropoulos replica's too.

Do u think it would be possible to getta Kit directly from them? i wont wanna include Chassis and tubes as for Transformers PT and OT i may source it out from Heyboer as told ;) anyone could help?

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't think Brian does kits, since he is geared up for his own line of amps primarily, but he has started doing a lot of parts sales.

hopkinWFG

Post by hopkinWFG » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 pm

demonufo wrote:I don't think Brian does kits, since he is geared up for his own line of amps primarily, but he has started doing a lot of parts sales.

Thanks maybe you could let known of what parts he is doing for his sales?

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 am

Perhaps you should ask Brian. :wink:

Just spotted the advert "MetroAmp spec transformers are now available directly from Heyboer Transformers". I that one's a definite then. :D