2203 parts source update?

Discuss our latest amp kit.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

mrkrausman

2203 parts source update?

Post by mrkrausman » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 am

I would like to build this with Metro instructions. First Heyboer vs. Mercury Magnetic trannys. I am thinking chassis and panels from Ceriatone but how are Nicks head cabinets or should I go to Mojotone. How about the turret board? I am asking these again because I am hoping someone else has replaced Metro and the 'one stop' shopping. As everyone knows shipping is now outrageous.
Miss those Metro kits terrible!
Metro 50 Watt
1980 Marshall 2203 JMP MkII
Mojotone 4X12 Scumback H75 M75

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: 2203 parts source update?

Post by demonufo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Unless Metal is your bag, I'd stay away from the MM's. Didn't like them in my 2204 at all, and every other amp I've fitted MM's to, at the request of others did not impress me at all (mostly JCM900 dual reverbs and TSL's).

A turretboard is a turretboard really. Since we're not going for authenticity in a master volume build I'd use whatever you can get at a low price. Nik's will be fine. Brian Haberman makes some awesomely splendid boards if you really want to push the boat out and fit a vintage looking board in a 2203 (I'll admit, I do have one of his vintage style boards in my 2204 :lol: :oops: )http://www.kurtsequipment.com/reproboards/ :rock:
If you're not wanting to spend the earth on an OCD build though, you'd probably do well sticking with the Ceriatone board, and saving on shipping. :wink:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!