I saw Van Halen Tonight!!!

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

halen795
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: I saw Van Halen Tonight!!!

Post by halen795 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:54 am

Hey seen thnz for posting; it's a great video. I have to say though, I e been watching all he YouTube stuff and it just doesn't compare to being there. The sound, the atmosphere, it was just awesome standing a few feet from the athe and watching Ed do what he doses. He plays flawlessly and with such power and emotion; it was in awe the while time!!!

Rich_D

Post by Rich_D » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:51 am

The sitting down is great Van Halen showmanship..."I'm just gonna sit here on the drum riser and play a little geetar..." SCORCHES THE EARTH
Interpretation?! I thought I was playing it right!

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by garbeaj » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 am

Rich_D wrote:The sitting down is great Van Halen showmanship..."I'm just gonna sit here on the drum riser and play a little geetar..." SCORCHES THE EARTH
Plus it makes it 1000% easier to play! But, I don't want to take anything away from Ed...he was really playing the best he has played in well over a decade...

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:42 pm

I think part of his passion to pull himself to his best is the fact his own son is up there with him poundin it out.
That I bet has lots to do with it.
Can you imagine-kickin the worlds ass, then 34 years later you still do it like no time had passed. Alot of pro ball players and all sorts of professional athletes can't maintain like that. Truly is amazing.

Rich_D

Post by Rich_D » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

garbeaj wrote:
Rich_D wrote:The sitting down is great Van Halen showmanship..."I'm just gonna sit here on the drum riser and play a little geetar..." SCORCHES THE EARTH
Plus it makes it 1000% easier to play! But, I don't want to take anything away from Ed...he was really playing the best he has played in well over a decade...
lol, yeah I didn't mean it was all showmanship, but it's classic how he's so casual about it. He's amused at how good he is at guitar. Classic Eddie. As quirky and awkward a rock star as he is, he still loves to lay waste to an audience and thank the lord he's back on that trip. He sits on that drum riser like a throne.
Interpretation?! I thought I was playing it right!