Bray's Making COMBO AMPS NOW?!?

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Sean_McFly
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Bray's Making COMBO AMPS NOW?!?

Post by Sean_McFly » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:13 am

Damn...sign me up...its a 4550 deluxe combo and it sounds just like a full 4x12 mic'ed up. I'm getting one ASAP. Might even sell my old Mod1 for it.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... ry_index=0
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

Tone Slinger

Re: Bray's Making COMBO AMPS NOW?!?

Post by Tone Slinger » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:31 am

Find another way to get one WITHOUT selling your Super Lead 100 !
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

fivecoyote
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by fivecoyote » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:53 pm

I would buy that thing in a flat second if it was $1K cheaper. Wow good amps are expensive. If anyone knows of a 1x12 combo with similar Marshall tones below say $1,200 (hint George??), would love to hear about it.
At it awhile, still learnin'

Get woodalicious tonology factoid learnin' at http://www.WOODYTONE.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:29 am

Tone Slinger wrote:Find another way to get one WITHOUT selling your Super Lead 100 !
Don't worry dude...I DID! Making a blueprint for my custom 4550 Deluxe combo with Dave was ridiculously fun, and the build should be done by Christmas/New Years! I'll post photos and clips of both the combo speaker mic'ed up and how it sounds with a big cab used like a regular 4550 deluxe head (Dave told me that instead of changing the amp's schematic to suit a combo, he decided to build the combo housing to suit the existing schematic for the head, so when it's plugged into a big cab, it's just a normal Bray head)! I told him to design my build focusing on Ed's VH I and VH II tones, Slash's AFD tone, Lynch's Back for the Attack tone, Angus's early tones, and Dimebag Darrell and Zakk Wylde's chug and attack for the plus mode, so I can tell already, this is gonna be one hell of an amp! :champ: :rockon: :shred:

I'll have a new thread up with all the info as soon as I get it! Until then, stay frosty, my friends...
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

mikefont

Post by mikefont » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Is it bad to have GAS for this combo if I already have a 4550 Deluxe head?
Currently in tonal HEAVEN with my Bray 4550 Deluxe!

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:01 pm

Man, that description sure as hell has me jonesing too :rock:

I am such a fan of David Bray's amps/mods. After ALL these years of loving all the great Marshall tones (Kiss,Thin Lizzy,UFO(Schenker),early EVH, RRhoads,Lynch, Slash,etc, etc), I hear in his amps ALL OF THAT plus some. That dude(Bray) has one hell of a good set of ears for sure :thumbsup:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:36 pm

mikefont wrote:Is it bad to have GAS for this combo if I already have a 4550 Deluxe head?
Lol it's actually a whole new experience because Dave puts a fantastic scumback m55 pvc in the combo which seems to mic really well on his clips! Plus it gives you a chance to get another head voiced slightly differently than your existing head that can also be used to get super brown Bray tones at a jam, bbq, beach jam, or small gig!

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Tone Slinger wrote:Man, that description sure as hell has me jonesing too :rock:

I am such a fan of David Bray's amps/mods. After ALL these years of loving all the great Marshall tones (Kiss,Thin Lizzy,UFO(Schenker),early EVH, RRhoads,Lynch, Slash,etc, etc), I hear in his amps ALL OF THAT plus some. That dude(Bray) has one hell of a good set of ears for sure :thumbsup:
I'm so excited! He takes a little piece of every great Marshall tone for his amps, especially for the plus mode! :champ: Plus I have a few "new features" from Bray regarding custom grille cloth that will help with presence and mic'ed sounds! And yea Bray has a fantastic set of ears for tweaking amps and mic placement! He was a blast to talk to and we got a chance to pick each other's brains for tone tips, influences, etc. I'm more than pumped to see and hear this thing in action! I got some crazy tolex options, so it's gonna look intense as well!