Official post your frankenstrat thread - LET's See THem!

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Official post your frankenstrat thread - LET's See THem!

Post by rgorke » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm

uncle charlie wrote:I really thought about doing a '79 style version but I don't have any guitars with a floyd so I did this.

You can check out the album of my build here- http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u198 ... nkenstrat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those look great. Where did you get that neck on the Frankenstein? Looks nice. Also like the blue on there.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

uncle charlie
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by uncle charlie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 pm

The neck is from Musikraft. I can't praise them enough on the neck, it's beautiful, well crafted and plays awesome. Thanks for the compliments!

uncle charlie

Post by uncle charlie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

YMI5150? and rgorke- those guitars are awesome, it's one thing to re-create a guitar but to do it for a particular moment in time is really cool. Kinda like a time capsule.

efraser68

Post by efraser68 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 pm

YMI5150? wrote:Just wrapped up a 79 Franky. This was a fun build! overwound A5 with melted bobbins. it rips! Clips coming.
79 franky front forum.JPG
79 franky back forum.JPG
Man down to the guitar strap too :rock: How did you pull that together?
Remember Ben Wise (aka Stunt Double) & Mark Abrahamian
http://www.soundclick.com/EricFraser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YMI5150?

Post by YMI5150? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

This is a must for this build because there are no hooks. It's a nylon rope sandwiched with Gibson jack plates. Had to melt the ends with a soldering iron to make them flat enough to fit under the plate. Very much the way Ed would have done it. It's full of stuff like that, the way the pup is held in place and the duct tape around all the electronics. Captures the state of his intentions at the moment.

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 pm

YMI5150? wrote:Agreed on he logo size. I requested a proper scale but they didn't fulfill it. I need to replace it at some point. My bigger issue is the back is too opaque but I ain't changing it now.
Nice build Roger!
Now I need to post clips with it so Phil will be happy :)
If you come across a source for the proper sized early logo, please let me know...I haven't been able to find one yet.

Leotis

Post by Leotis » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:21 pm

My rough take on the Kramer ad Frankie. It's far from accurate, but I didn't really want to obsess on this one...just wanted to get the general vibe.

stramm8

Post by stramm8 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 am

I might have posted this in another thread but here's my take on it. '82 Kramer Pacer Special neck with 1 5/8" nut and an unbelievable back contour. Killer neck. I also put an EVH Wolfgang Humbucker in it after seeing Ed's replica with one in Guitar World and it's a fantastic pickup!!

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:25 am

stramm8 wrote:I might have posted this in another thread but here's my take on it. '82 Kramer Pacer Special neck with 1 5/8" nut and an unbelievable back contour. Killer neck. I also put an EVH Wolfgang Humbucker in it after seeing Ed's replica with one in Guitar World and it's a fantastic pickup!!
Do you have any clips of with that guitar? I'd be interested in hearing hte EVH wolfgang in an Ash body (I presume).
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

stramm8

Post by stramm8 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 am

rgorke wrote:
stramm8 wrote:I might have posted this in another thread but here's my take on it. '82 Kramer Pacer Special neck with 1 5/8" nut and an unbelievable back contour. Killer neck. I also put an EVH Wolfgang Humbucker in it after seeing Ed's replica with one in Guitar World and it's a fantastic pickup!!
Do you have any clips of with that guitar? I'd be interested in hearing hte EVH wolfgang in an Ash body (I presume).
Unfortunately I don't but will try to put one together next week when I go back to my rehearsal space. This guitar is swamp ash. Not that my opinion means anything but I had a SD '78 and have an evh frankenstein in my main guitar. To me, the wolfgang sounds the best; so good I sold the '78. The wolfgang reminds me of the '78 but with more output, more clarity and sparkle if you will. I'm going to try it in my main axe which is northern ash. It may end up kicking the frankenstein to the curb as well...

pull75

Post by pull75 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:40 am

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:07 am

As Monty Python said, "And now, for something completely different."

That is very cool! Is it a Kramer ad Franky based paint scheme? I like it!

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:12 am

pull75 wrote:Image
Very cool!!! Nicely done!

pull75

Post by pull75 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks guys! I just wanted to do a stealthy version of the Frankenstrat so it was a little more subtle than the real version. Besides the true spirit of the Franky is what works for the player, and this works for my situation well. Especially playing it at church without drawing so much attention with the R,W,B version.

YMI5150?

Post by YMI5150? » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Just about wrapped up a Bee. Neck has minor back bow so I'm waiting to see what the string tension can do to pull it back. if not, it'll get clamped and go into the oven for a bit. cant wait to play it. its got proper hardware everywhere. the trem was a PITA to strip the chrome off. will patina nicely as time goes on. Credit to Ender for painting the body for me. Nice work Mike!
:toast:
Image Image

Image Image

screen capture