Has it ever been confirmed what ASH eddie used?

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

stef
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Has it ever been confirmed what ASH eddie used?

Post by stef » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/ash/ash-types.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bore Em at the Forum

Post by Bore Em at the Forum » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am

I've ordered from KNE twice. The product is hard to beat and it ships out (to the second) when Mitch says it will.

I was curious about the LP on Fair Warning as well......I've heard that so many times now, I take it as gospel....but I never knew what the original source was for that information. I don't remember Ed saying a whole lot about that album, other than he wrote some of the songs on piano....He used the Jr (after he cut the horn off) for the slide parts on Dirty Movies....he was pissed off and wrote Sunday Afternoon in the Park on the Electro Harmonix....and he was doing some punching in on some solos.....

The whole recording of Fair Warning is probably a good book waiting to be written. It's a really interesting album. Musically adventurous, tensions building in the Ed/Dave/Ted formula, Ed gets married, yadda yadda.

rdodson

Post by rdodson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 am

Bore Em at the Forum wrote:I've ordered from KNE twice. The product is hard to beat and it ships out (to the second) when Mitch says it will.

I was curious about the LP on Fair Warning as well......I've heard that so many times now, I take it as gospel....but I never knew what the original source was for that information. I don't remember Ed saying a whole lot about that album, other than he wrote some of the songs on piano....He used the Jr (after he cut the horn off) for the slide parts on Dirty Movies....he was pissed off and wrote Sunday Afternoon in the Park on the Electro Harmonix....and he was doing some punching in on some solos.....

The whole recording of Fair Warning is probably a good book waiting to be written. It's a really interesting album. Musically adventurous, tensions building in the Ed/Dave/Ted formula, Ed gets married, yadda yadda.
Ed started separating himself at this point, and he and Donn would start recording on their own more. He was getting married and Dave at that point hated that.
Ron Dodson
Dallas
Romans 9:16

jimi22812

Post by jimi22812 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm

rdodson wrote: I love the work that Musikraft does, and Scott is as big a VH fan as we are.
I agree, Ron. I just spoke to Scott last night, really cool guy. With Scott's help I'm hoping to put something together to save builders a few bucks. More on that later when the details are finalized.
rdodson wrote:Make sure you source an oversized brass sustain block for your Floyd Rose. It is a big part of making the sound.
Don't be afraid to also try stainless steel, titanium, tungsten and copper (yes, copper!). All of these metals are now available from different manufacturers and they worth exploring.

motrock

Post by motrock » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

rdodson wrote:https://www.musikraft.com/product-info.php?pid202.html

MK period-correct body.
Thank you very much for this. I have been wanting to start over on my Frankenstein for a while. The guy that built my body used a 6lb Canadian White Ash for my body. Needless to say... its not it. Even if it was really Northern Heavy Hard Ash... this White Ash still wouldn't be right. Plus he F'ed up my damn neck pocket. Its TOO shallow.