Tabs for 5150 solo from live without a net

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

vibroverb
Just the numbers in order: 7

Tabs for 5150 solo from live without a net

Post by vibroverb » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 am

Does anyone know where I can get tabs for 5150 solo from live without a net? This version kills the record version and the solo is insane... Thank you!

donnyboiler
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Tabs for 5150 solo from live without a net

Post by donnyboiler » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm not sure if self-promotion is cool but I do offer a transcription service from my website. I love that version also, I could probably do it in a couple of hours.

You can visit me there and use the contact form on the site, unless someone weighs in before then.

Mr.Farva

Post by Mr.Farva » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:13 pm

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:37 am

Sorry I missed this...I transcribed Ed's live guitar solo from Live Without A Net...I believe the original post was requesting the solo from the live version of the song "5150" from Live Without A Net and I have not transcribed that yet. I agree that the live version of that song from Live Without A Net is much better than the solo on the 5150 album, especially with it's "Cathedral"-like breakdown before the solo proper.

If you were interested in Ed's live guitar solo from Live Without A Net, the Van Halen A-Z Tab Book that Mr. Farva posted does not have the solo from Live Without A Net in it as far as I can tell...they just transcribed "316", the short instrumental from For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

If you P.M. me your regular e-mail address I'd be happy to send you jpegs of my handwritten TAB to Ed's live guitar solo from Live Without A Net. I'm currently working with a really good (and expensive) professional transcription service to put my TAB into the Guitar Pro format with standard musical notation and TAB. I don't read or write music and my handwriting isn't the best, so I wanted to make the extra effort to get it in a really nice, professional transcription that is as nice and easy to read as anything you see in guitar magazines or official TAB books. It is a very expensive and slow process, but I'll certainly post the finished product as soon as it is complete.

I've gotten a lot of requests for my TAB and I've sent it out probably hundreds of times. I've made a few changes in the way I play certain passages, particularly some of the "Eruption" parts (thanks to MetroAmp user wjamflan) and I just recently learned how to correctly do the "horse" sound so I've corrected that as well. I used to hit a natural harmonic at roughly the "2.3" fret area on the G string and use the whammy. I got it right through seeing Johnny Beane's tutorial clip on how to do the horse sound:

Here is an audio clip I made of me playing the solo that I made at the same time that I originally transcribed the piece (this is also in the link to the VHLinks.com forum post I made that Mr. Farva posted)...The tone is God-awful and the recording quality sucks...just one take with plenty of mistakes recorded with a wobbly battery operated tape dictation machine. I used my old modified 1988 Kramer Striker guitar into an MXR Distortion + and my old 1979 Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man for the echo on the "Cathedral" bits.