So... What's the verdict on the EVH Greenbacks?

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Ruben

So... What's the verdict on the EVH Greenbacks?

Post by Ruben » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:51 pm

I know they are Celestion Heritage speakers with the EVH stripes. Anyways... I think they are real nice sounding speakers and pretty cheap also. Well at least, second hand that is. How would you rank them against let's say Pre Rola's, Blackbacks, or later UK or even Chinese re-issue speakers?

motrock

Re: So... What's the verdict on the EVH Greenbacks?

Post by motrock » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:12 pm

I just use the Reissues. I really like that. As a matter of fact, I like the Reissues better then my vintage blackbacks. EVH speakers are almost dark sounding to me.

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 pm

I really do think people place a little bit too much importance on vintage to a degree. It really depends on your amp. I have heard clips of just about any greenback gettin it done. Cork sniffers will scoff at this but.... Its pretty true really. Don't stress or empty your bank out for vintage as you really won't gain much if at all. But if your hell bent and so hard the cat can't scratch it for those vintage ones? And you have the coin? By all means spend away 8)

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Cooter is right. "Vintage Speakers" can be a crap shoot. I would say, your best bet would be Scumback to get that vintage tone without the risk of buying speakers that have been beat up for decades.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

jnew
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by jnew » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 am

Have heard the Heritage H's and M's. Very good IMO. Have and use 1st Gen re-issue M's with the 6402 cones. Excellent as well. Had many late 70's/early 80's black backs. Also great. All will get the sound you want. But if you want low risk/brand new and tone? Call Scummback and tell him what you want. Done and done. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;