My NEW Franky! CLIPS!

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Sean_McFly
Just the numbers in order: 13492

My NEW Franky! CLIPS!

Post by Sean_McFly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 am

Finally, I've joined the pack! I just finished building a Franky of my own with a 5.5 lb Musikraft Northern Ash body, a warmoth neck, and a direct mounted Super Distortion in the bridge! I've named it "Mark" for obvious reasons, and when I play it through my 2204 Mod 5, I swear the spirit of Mark is in this setup. You'll hear in the clip of the Franky and the Mod 5 doing Ed licks, double mic'ed with a REAL 90's 6402 in the upper left corner of the cab, and a blackback in the upper right corner. Below that is a clip of me doing my "McFly" thing through my 4550 with the Franky too! No EQ or plugins were used aside from reverb and a bit of limiting to bring the mix up in the master fader. Enjoy guys!

FYI the guitar in the picture on soundcloud is the Franky I made lol :rockon: :shred: :toast:

Franky w/Mod 5 Clip:
https://soundcloud.com/seans-evh-explor ... 2blackback

Franky w/4550 Clip:
https://soundcloud.com/sean_mcfly/bray- ... -ash-strat
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

garbeaj

Re: My NEW Franky! CLIPS!

Post by garbeaj » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Sounds great! It sounds completely different from the sound I'm getting, even though we are playing an almost totally identical guitar and obviously a Mark Mod 5 with 6402 Greenbacks. I have a 2 x 12 obviously and I don't have Blackbacks.

I'm also not recording with a strategically aimed SM57 either...maybe that is part of the difference?

I haven't been able to replace all the parts as you suggested, so maybe there's just some sort of problem that I haven't solved yet? You definitely get that chewy thing that Mark got, and I don't think mine is quite that chewy.

I just got the Dunlop/MXR Echoplex preamp and the delay as well...I like what the preamp is doing for me, but the sound still isn't exactly as good as yours or Mark's...frustrating!

But I'm loving your clips! Wish I could get there too!

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:24 pm

67 Melody Maker wrote:Allen, in my humble opinion, Sean has nailed the mic placement thing.

That's why his clips sound so chewy and brown. :rock:
I think so too...now to figure out how to do it with an iPhone!

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:29 am

Those are just two in a lonnnng list of impeccable =VH= tonnage!
:clap:
Bravissimo Sean*

fivecoyote
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by fivecoyote » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:18 am

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!
At it awhile, still learnin'

Get woodalicious tonology factoid learnin' at http://www.WOODYTONE.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Sean_McFly

Post by Sean_McFly » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 am

fivecoyote wrote:SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!
Thanks!! I still haven't tried it out with a more early VH-esque setting with the old master on the mod 5 up higher for more negative feedback bleed. That should sound very convincing!
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly