Last Waltz Franky?!?!?!

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Sean_McFly
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Last Waltz Franky?!?!?!

Post by Sean_McFly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Okay guys, this is Robbie Robertson's "Last Waltz" 2 piece ash Stratocaster that he used for the 1976 "Last Waltz" concert, and look at what it looks like?!?! The bridge pickup switch is set up with those 2 single coils activated at the same time for "a fatter bridge tone"...thoughts on perhaps a magical coincidence between this and our beloved Franky?!?

http://www.fendercustomshop.com/series/ ... rd-bronze/

http://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Zoom/ ... 001_rr.png
"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

Berlin

Re: Last Waltz Franky?!?!?!

Post by Berlin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 am

Nice observation young Master Mcfly!-
That body is amazing looking...
Dipped in bronze??? I think it said...
Definitely would be cool to hear how this sounds through any of the different :vh: type rigs owned by the lot here.
I wonder if these guitars will be readily available in local guitar centers - you'd be able to load up the JMP and go into their ISO booths and tear it up- M5 Style
Odds are... Any unsuspecting passer buyer might say-
" Hmmm, :scratch: I didn't read ANYWHERE that Eddie was making an appearance at GUITAR CENTER!!" - :lol:

:rock:

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:37 am

That's a nice looking replica even with the grain showing through, -first replica I ever had the urge to buy. The original was bronzed just like they used to do with baby shoes. I almost sent a strat body to one of these companies that still exist about ten years ago. It cost about $80 per baby shoe, so I wonder what a guitar body would cost. When The Last Waltz came out, I had already been ogling at the VHI black and white strat for a couple of months as well as Allan Holdsworth humbucker equipped strat, so Robbie's guitar seemed par for the times. Didn't realize it was two single coils side by side for some time to come. I found that bronzed guitar mesmerizing in the film, the way the light played off of it and it's cutting tone. The original is at the RRHOF I think and it is equipped with some sort of ugly locking bridge. I have a couple of KnE bodies sitting around, think I'll look into this bronzing thing again (bronze the headstock too). :scratch:

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 pm