Fender Bassbreaker: low budget master volume Plexi?!

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Sean_McFly
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Fender Bassbreaker: low budget master volume Plexi?!

Post by Sean_McFly » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Okay, so recently I have discovered the existence of the Fender Bassbreaker, which is marketed as "a slightly edgier Bassman with a output control knob, and the ability to link both normal and treble channels" for an affordable price between $650 (for the 15 watt stuff) and $900 (for the 45 watt stuff)...does this layout feel familiar to anyone at all?!?! Lol plus it's powered by 2 el34's and has 3 12ax7 preamp tubes...now this is starting to feel a bit more like an amp we can call "brown for your buck" :rock: !

Here's a link to the amp specs of the 45, which has all the controls of the plexi and bassman and has channel jumpering capabilities:

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-amp ... 00000.html

Also here's a link to Johan Segeborn demo'ing it, and to my ears, it sounds as warm and full as when he demo's his illustrious plexi collection. I'm wondering if we may have found a diamond in the rough here! Tell me your thoughts, and if any of you have been fortunate enough to try the head or combo, perhaps through a greenback loaded cab!

"Guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it"- Marty Mcfly

rdodson

Re: Fender Bassbreaker: low budget master volume Plexi?!

Post by rdodson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:44 am

In the right setting with the right speakers the Bassbreaker is a killer amp.
Ron Dodson
Dallas
Romans 9:16

Berlin
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Fender Bassbreaker: low budget master volume Plexi?!

Post by Berlin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:47 pm

I think these amps were on loan to him like many of the various gems he gets to demo! But I hear you on your assessment!- It might be worthwhile to contact Johan to see if he has any further access to any of these models and see about him pushing it through any of his 4x12's he has with vintage speakers. That would advance the ball up the field a hair concerning whether or not these WILL put one in a nice and 'proper' starting evh like brown zone-
Certain folks here already claim that Ed had those nice bell like fender overtones in his classic sound, which was all the clarity he had in his notes. Just another nice avenue to walk down concerning Ed tone-
Also - a great slave amp perhaps?*
I'm gonna hit up Johan see if he takes requests*
:wink: