Little Dreamer - The very last riff

The man, the band, and everything else

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Megaro
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Little Dreamer - The very last riff

Post by Megaro » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am

Hey CWalker, I think that is a great vid. Thanks for posting. Always lots of fun to watch others take a stab at walking in Eddie's 1978 shoes. Little Dreamer is a great rock tune that never got as much hype as some of the other VH 1 tunes. I try to play the main hook with my thumb taking care of the root note, but I like the way you approach it, too.

I never really thought much about that last lick until you guys put up this thread. But whenever Bill and Allen are talking tabs and techniques, I am all ears. :D

CWalker

Post by CWalker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:06 pm

:toast:

CWalker

Post by CWalker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm

garbeaj wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:41 pm
I would rule out any tapping...I'm confident Bill has it right. Tough to recreate, but I think that Bill's TAB represents what Eddie actually did.
Just throwing it out, mainly because I can't get the 'pulling off side' to sound anything like it. But neither does my try :lol:

wjamflan
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by wjamflan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 pm

CWalker wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm
garbeaj wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:41 pm
I would rule out any tapping...I'm confident Bill has it right. Tough to recreate, but I think that Bill's TAB represents what Eddie actually did.
Just throwing it out, mainly because I can't get the 'pulling off side' to sound anything like it. But neither does my try :lol:
CWalker - I don't hear a tap in the slowed down clip. There are only a few ways to get that high C# note to sound that I know of. "Accidently" yanking the high E string off of the fretboard is one of them. Another would be to play the note straight or bend up to it straight. I don't hear that in the slow down clip either. You could also try a ring finger bend at the 15th fret of the G string (1.5 steps) and sound the pinch harmonic with your pick about an inch and a half from the bottom of the fretboard. Then you would have to play the F note with your index finger at the 13th fret on the high E. This would necessitate a quick shift of position down to play the 10th and 13th fret of the high E (as johnnybgood originally noted) so you can bend the string. I just don't think that all of that is practical, nor do I think you have the time to do it. Ed kept things pretty simple most of the time. To me, the single position makes the most sense, but it is only my interpretation. Take it for what it is worth.

Regards,

Bill

CWalker

Post by CWalker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:05 pm

wjamflan wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 pm
Ed kept things pretty simple most of the time. To me, the single position makes the most sense, but it is only my interpretation. Take it for what it is worth.
I'm not doubting you, I just can't get it. :? :) Really appreciate everyone's time to respond. :thumbsup:

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Thanks for suggesting this little lick! It's so cool and I never really tried to figure it out properly..,great fun!

CWalker

Post by CWalker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 am

:toast: