Check out the board plz

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

markanthony

Check out the board plz

Post by markanthony » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:15 am

Wanting to know if this looks correct?> thanks for the help, One ? I seen the board from the 69 SPL whats the caps on the very end for?? the two .22s
Let me know if this looks ok plz, also on the Impedance is numbered 1 2 3 ect What goes to what, I have the cd I cant make out Im sorry yes i know Im getting glasses soon,
Is it #3 for 16 #4 8ohm #5 for 4 ohms, after this Im ready to wire up, put some tubes and fire her up I think?? lol
thanks

Yes thats a black marker not a wire, lol told ya im blind

MA
Attachments
MyBoard.JPG
(149.64 KiB) Downloaded 1961 times

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:50 pm

That looks to be ok. I'm no expert but a cursory somparison with a few other 12xxx series boards seems to show yours is ok. I'd put some insulator over the leads of the resistor running parrallel with the dual board mounted cap.

I'm no Superlead expert thoug (as one of my other posts describes :wink: )
Simon

markanthony

thxs

Post by markanthony » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:11 pm

Wicksy wrote:That looks to be ok. I'm no expert but a cursory somparison with a few other 12xxx series boards seems to show yours is ok. I'd put some insulator over the leads of the resistor running parrallel with the dual board mounted cap.

I'm no Superlead expert thoug (as one of my other posts describes :wink: )
Ok M8 thanks I did have an error I corrected, now its wiring her up Im in the process now, thank you again!!
MA

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 pm

In the end, so long as you dont make any major screw ups, the worse thats going to happen to your amp is a few blown fuses and the odd replaced cap or resistor. I shouldnt worry too much. Just go for it. Check and double check everything though and then fire her up.
Simon

joepete

Post by joepete » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:54 am

the two .22 caps on the very end of the board are there to prevent the popping noise when turning the power or standby switches off or on originally in 69 era but I was told that they are not really necessary in this day and age due to the fact that the diode rectifiers are better now and can handle the noise without the need for the two .22 caps so it is really up to you if you want to install them or not I was told. SInce the parts are supplied you might as well install them just to be sure. If you do a search you can find more info from the original post I learned this info from. THat is why some diagrams show them and some do not which can be confusing.Hope this helps.

bravedude

Post by bravedude » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 pm

man you guys know you stuff !!