Help needed with Super Bass board

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Silverburst

Help needed with Super Bass board

Post by Silverburst » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:21 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what connects to the yellow wire from pin 8 of V1 on a Super Bass board???? At the moment it's just sitting there with an empty turret...hmmm.

I see that on the Super Lead there's a .68 cap and a 2.7k res but on the SB nothing.

.... Other than that it's all going pretty well...

Thanks guys!!!

Dai H.

Post by Dai H. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:55 am

the cathodes for V1 are tied together. So you need to run a wire to pin 3 of the same tube.

Silverburst

Post by Silverburst » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:54 am

Thanks Dai

Call me a complete dumb ass… but can you clarify that at little for me! I’m new to this so please bear with me…':roll:'

1. Should I link pins 3 & 8 actually at V1 and not connect pin 8 to the board?
2. Should I link the pins 3 & 8 under the board?
3. Should I connect pin 8 to the same turret as pin 3?

Or something completely different!!!!! Feelin’ a little silly I didn’t understand you dude, sorry!:oops:

Thanks for your help…..

Silverburst

Post by Silverburst » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:54 am

Think I was being a bit of a spaz....

Have connected 3 & 8 on V1 just as it is on V3.

That'll be the shared cathode then!

S. :shock:

Dai H.

Post by Dai H. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:03 am

you got it! Don't worry I've made dumb mistakes like panicking when there was no sound only to find I had forgot to turn the gtr's volume up... :oops:

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 am

Dai H. wrote:you got it! Don't worry I've made dumb mistakes like panicking when there was no sound only to find I had forgot to turn the gtr's volume up... :oops:

Don't you just hate the stupid shit?!?!? Like forgeting to undo the ground to pin 3 when you fire up and can't figure out why you got no volts?!? :?
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Dai H.

Post by Dai H. » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:42 am

hey I'd bet even some of the super smart techs out there do stupid shit sometimes. Probably wouldn't admit to it though, lol... :P

at the same time, dealing w/electronics hooked to AC and high voltages can be dangerous, so... "be careful out there". :wink:

Silverburst

Post by Silverburst » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:24 pm

:? yeah it's real easy to make boo boo's, even easier when this stuff is all new to you...

It's just cool knowing that you guys are about to show me what's an arse and what's an elbow!!!

Cheers,

S.
:)