wiring guide ?

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

archer87

wiring guide ?

Post by archer87 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:49 pm

just a stupid newbie question but I want to wire up the '69 circuit on my board and the wiring guide for the 100W on the CD doesn't match up to the board. it seems as if the wiring guide is for the suberbass and I have a superlead board. What should I do?

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:20 pm

The Super Bass and Super Lead usually have the same turrets and everything, so I'm not sure what looks different. Depending upon what amp you're installing into sometimes the right hand end of the board has two .22uF caps next to the four diodes, sometimes it doesn't. They're only there for standby popping and aren't truly necessary anyway.

archer87

Post by archer87 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:34 pm

The wiring guide for the pot, filter cap, input and PT/OT connections to the board does not match to my board or the layout of my board. My board has the room for the .22uf on the right side but the wiring guide is for the board without the .22uf on the end.

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:53 pm

Flames1950 wrote:The Super Bass and Super Lead usually have the same turrets and everything, so I'm not sure what looks different. Depending upon what amp you're installing into sometimes the right hand end of the board has two .22uF caps next to the four diodes, sometimes it doesn't. They're only there for standby popping and aren't truly necessary anyway.
Think they make a tonal difference?
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 pm

NY Chief wrote:
Think they make a tonal difference?
Nope.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...