Soldering PTP Board Wires

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Turk
Just the numbers in order: 7

Soldering PTP Board Wires

Post by Turk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Does anyone have a handy trick to keep from filling the component side of the terminals with solder while soldering the wires on the bottom? I've tried a few things but I haven't what I would consider to be an ideal way. I know somebody has a great little trick for this.

Mars Hall

Re: Soldering PTP Board Wires

Post by Mars Hall » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

What I did was loaded the board with all components then installed all the wire and solder it all up at once. Leave enough length on your wire to run it to the tube sockets etc.
"You just slide a bottle up and down til what you want out of it comes out. You just slide away at it til you've got it down." Duane Allman

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Mars Hall wrote:What I did was loaded the board with all components then installed all the wire and solder it all up at once. Leave enough length on your wire to run it to the tube sockets etc.
Me too, then use a high wattage iron (with not too big a tip) and work fast, start with a little tiny bit of solder on the joint to help conduct the heat and tin the contacts, then after a few seconds apply the required amount of solder quickly and remove iron and solder together.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:17 am

I always run the wires all the way up through the top of the turret and then bend them down the side of the turret toward the board. Then load the components and solder everything together.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 pm

Kevin wrote:I always run the wires all the way up through the top of the turret and then bend them down the side of the turret toward the board. Then load the components and solder everything together.
That is the way to do it!
8)
Neil