BB RI PTP board update

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

McGoogle McDougal

bluesbreaker!

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:46 am

Cool! I'm trying to decide if I should bite now prior to the documentation. It's not like I couldn't get the documentation from you later if I decided it was over my head, right? I feel it's likely within my ability, especially since you are including photos of the build. Hell, if I get stuck I can either wait for the documentation (it's not my only amp so I can sit awhile with it torn apart) or ask for help from any of the many fine amp smart folks on this board!

I'm also thinking pulling the trigger on one of your Heyboer output tranny's at the same time. I suppose KT66's would be a natural step at the same time too. I'm currently running a pretty fresh set of JJ 6L6's in the amp - wonder if I oughta do the board kit and tranny and then see how I like it before trying the KT66's...? Then I could get an idea of how much each part contributes to the difference in tone/feel.

Eamon

McGoogle McDougal

my bluesbreaker board kit

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Ok, so I know I'm going slow (got busy - arrggh!), but I should not be too much longer in completing this job. I got the bluesbreaker board kit from George (think I might've got the first one) plus a set of KT66's, correct value filter caps, and a Heyboer JTM45 output tranny. I've had the board basically done for about a week, but haven't had time to go any further. I'll post some pics and clips as soon as I get farther along.

I expect I'll be asking some questions when it comes time to checking voltages and setting the bias! I can't wait to hear my strat and Ric 12 string cranking through this guy and my G12H30's. I'll also get to try out George's new and improved tremolo circuit!

Eamon

Chutler

BB RI PTP Board & KT66s

Post by Chutler » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:27 pm

Hey George is the documentation ready for the board?

McGoogle - I'm eager to hear how you like the KT66s and if they fit easily in your RI cab,
"Mediocrity is gonna kill the world
before Armageddon ever does."
-Emmylou Harris 2003

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:24 pm

No, I haven't got the documentation yet. Sorry. It just hasn't been as high a priority as other things.

I'll put it on the short list of high priority tasks for next week.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

myker

Post by myker » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:47 pm

how about the trem circuit in the 18 watt? some "experts" say its the best trem they have ever heard.