NOS Mustard caps

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Guns4hire03
Just the numbers in order: 13492

NOS Mustard caps

Post by Guns4hire03 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am

Is there a big difference soundwise to justify replacing Sozo's? Opinions please. :scratch:

neikeel

Re: NOS Mustard caps

Post by neikeel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:36 am

Guns4hire03 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am
Is there a big difference soundwise to justify replacing Sozo's? Opinions please. :scratch:
Based on my experience of the first series of Sozos I would say yes. I have used other caps too, but find that I really like the mustards in my Marshalls.
Neil

harleytech
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by harleytech » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Me Too.. Have mustards in all 3 of mine... JTM45,50 watt and 100 watt...
:thumbsup:

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Thu May 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Though I have no experience yet with the next gen sozo, I have found real mustards to be more vocally midrange focused in voicing. Makes brighter and glassier modern components used elsewhere more manageable. The original solo standards were much more scooped and sizzle imo. I liked these for the .68cathode bypass caps, whereas the vintage was smoother sounding in this position (kinda like chicklets vs mustard in vintage Marshall’s) . The vintage sozos were fatter and smoother but still had more sizzle than grind. I have a set of next gens sozo I am looking to build into a new amp to compare to the rest. Would love to hear others opinions. Gonna order some of those new 500pf sozo caps ; excited to hear those.
Musicians are like a bowl of cereal
If they aren't Fruits or Nuts they're Flakes