ptp 800

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

jj jafar

ptp 800

Post by jj jafar » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:10 pm

well i just got my heyboer ot and now have ordered an 100watt master lead board from george to put in my reissue 2203x.im sure ill have a ton o questions once the install begins! :x but for now i was wondering,im gonna remove the effects loop from the amp(i never use it)so some of the wiring is gonna be differant.has anyone done this when putting in a new board?can i just remove the 4 wires coming off it and when the board gets here just follow the instructions like i never had a effects?that would seem to make sense.thanks for any ideas,Jason

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:46 pm

Two of the wires to the effects card are power and ground.
The other two would actually simply splice together, the effects loop interrupts the signal (going into the phase inverter from the tone controls on the 1959 RI, not sure with the MV.)

I'd guess it's the same effects card for either RI amp. The wires labelled W1 and W2 are the power, W3 and W4 the signal in and out.

Changing the board may take care of the splicing for you, I'm not sure how the MV RI is laid out. Any pics you'd like to post to help with more advice? I'm sure the owner of my favorite guitar store here in Des Moines doesn't wanna let me crack open the 800 RI he has there so I'm shooting blind!!

jj jafar

Post by jj jafar » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:51 pm

the way it looks is i can just remove 3 of the wires completley and leave the one on the master volume center lug to go right to the board.Jason