Problem with normal channel cutting out on Bluesbreaker?

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

McGoogle McDougal

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:35 pm

The KT66's are the GT's. I've got a set of JJ 6L6's that I was running in ther previously. I think I'll pop 'em in, rebias, and see if the problem is still there.

I did spray some contact cleaner in the jacks, but ought to run a plug back forth a bunch too.

Eamon

McGoogle McDougal

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:15 am

Ok, I finally figured out what was wrong. The thing making it difficult was that the problem was difficult to reproduce with the chassis out of the combo cab. The blue wire going from the 1st to 2nd stage coupling caps to pin 1 of V1 was pinched underneath the board (where I couldn't see it very well). One of the washers from the board mount bolts was pinching it. It seemed to only make enough of a connection to be a problem when there was a lot of vibration. As soon as I fixed that I could play either channel as loud as I wanted (all the way up naturally!).

As a side note, in the troubleshooting I swapped my KT66's for my JJ6L6's in case tubes were the problem. I'm going to swap back and forth to compare, but the 6L6's actually compare fairly well.

Eamon