1 ohm resistor for KT-88's

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Brain Becker

1 ohm resistor for KT-88's

Post by Brain Becker » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:45 am

I'm putting a metro board in my 2203x and I have a couple of questions.
1. I'm putting kt-88's in it and I've made the resistor changes, but do I put the 1 ohm resistor for measuring the bias between pins 8 and 1 and then to ground like el-34's?
2. I need to install a 10w 47k resistor for my effects card, but I don't have a place on the board for it. Will it be ok mounted on the filter cap with the wire from the effects card going to it?

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: 1 ohm resistor for KT-88's

Post by axeman » Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Brain Becker wrote:I'm putting a metro board in my 2203x and I have a couple of questions.
1. I'm putting kt-88's in it and I've made the resistor changes, but do I put the 1 ohm resistor for measuring the bias between pins 8 and 1 and then to ground like el-34's?
2. I need to install a 10w 47k resistor for my effects card, but I don't have a place on the board for it. Will it be ok mounted on the filter cap with the wire from the effects card going to it?
can you till me wich resistor you replaced and value. I would like to due the same thing.

Billy Batz

Re: 1 ohm resistor for KT-88's

Post by Billy Batz » Sun May 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Brain Becker wrote:I'm putting a metro board in my 2203x and I have a couple of questions.
Yes, its the same deal.
You can use one of those cement filled xicon wire wound power resistors then use some kind of adhesive to glue it to the chassis. Some stuff weber makes he does that. You cant use hot glue like some people use for caps because that resistor may get too hot. Maybe. Just solder the wire from the FX card right up near the resistor body so you dont have a long lead flying around. What filter powers the FX card again? There may be a better spot then the actuall can to have that resistor but I forget.