Got My PTP Kit Today

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

winnard

Got My PTP Kit Today

Post by winnard » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:47 pm

Without sounding like a total moron, is there a diagram that I'm missing?
I printed off the 19 page directions for the whole kit, and it says something about a full page diagram included. Anyone have it?
I'm about to bombard you all with questions, so have the Tylenol handy, Brothers!

winnard

winnard

Re: Got My PTP Kit Today

Post by winnard » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:41 pm

winnard wrote:Without sounding like a total moron, is there a diagram that I'm missing?
I printed off the 19 page directions for the whole kit, and it says something about a full page diagram included. Anyone have it?
I'm about to bombard you all with questions, so have the Tylenol handy, Brothers!

winnard
I am a moron. I found the wiring guide, but my tiny little monitor didn't show the values until I bumped up the pic size.
Soldering iron is hot, I'm off to work!

winnard

Dax

Post by Dax » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Which amp are you building? Is this your first?

winnard

Post by winnard » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:09 pm

Dax wrote:Which amp are you building? Is this your first?
It's the PTP for the 1959 RI. It's my first.

winnard

Trem Abuser

Post by Trem Abuser » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Best of luck Brother. I'm actually "rounding third" on my first build - a 50 watt board installed in an old 30 watt Laney. My kit was short one .022 cap which I'm waiting for (George is mailing to me). Everything else is pretty much wired up. Before the cap arrives I'm going to measure all the resistors and make sure I've caught all my mistakes (I already caught one - I put in a 470k resistor when it should have been the 470 ohm resistor :roll: ).

Imagine my surprise when I fire it up for the first time and ... nothing (kidding!). Actually, a fairly common experience for first time builders, so I'm expecting to have some "issues" before my amp actually works.

There are some really experienced and helpful guys on this board, so get to it and seek help when you need it.

Scott