MM Power Tranny Color Codes Confusion

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Ricky Lee
Just the numbers in order: 7

MM Power Tranny Color Codes Confusion

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:25 pm

Confiused about wiring color codes for the MM Power Tranny. The schematic that comes with the Metro Kit doesn't reference the MM (2) brown wires or striped blue/white wire. Also, the MM references a black/green wire on the output side that mine doesn't have. In short, the Metro wiring schematic defers from the color codes found on my MM PT. HELP! Anyone got a clear pic showing where these wires go?
May the good Lord take a liking to you!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rickfox

Post by Rickfox » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:10 pm

Hey Ricky!! I had to deal with the same confusion when I built my Metro using all MM trannys! Did you receive a transformer diagram with the MM part? I know this seems too simple, but transferring one color for the other by comparing the diagrams...I must confess when I built amp, whenever I had to deviate from the descriptions and instructions on the CD-ROM (I made hard copies) I started to sweat and stop and rethink...
I guess for me, I panicked a little!! But, with the help of George and the forum, my amp worked first try, I just took lots if showers!!! I really hope this helps! All the Best!
Rick

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:03 am

The color chart for the MM that comes with the Metro full amp kit assembly manual is color coded different than the PT that that's provided with the kit, that's what's confusing. I even went over to MM's site And they have no manual/s for this tranny, that I could find. Like I said above, I have (2) brown wires that are not referenced on the MM wiring color code chart. I had the same problem with the other build I did which refernced blue and gray wires connecting the stanby switch, well there were (2) blue wires only, NO gray. Thanks to the guys here on the forum I got that figured out. Now, this PT has the gray wire and a blue/white stripe, which I assume connects the standby switch, but still refernces a solid blue wire. The (2) brown wires are not mentioned anywhere that I have found yet. From what I'm seeing there is very little data regarding the MM wiring, even here on the forum. Maybe most use the other ones. I'll keep digging, I know it's out there!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:02 am

Ricky email MM. Ive emailed them a question before resulting in them sending me a layout for them. So they do have them. Then you could just look at their layout and compare it with the Heyboer to see which color the MM has for the same lead on the Heyboer.

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:55 am

Billy, MM just sent me the lay-out and it's the exact same lay-out that my PT has. If you want a copy let me know and I'll email it to you, lots of differnces in this and the one that comes with the Metro kit.