Question on perf layout and board layout

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

ACDCG400

Question on perf layout and board layout

Post by ACDCG400 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey guys, im drillin my own board from board i bought from george. At the time, i had bought the board for a custom build, but that fell through :evil: so im gonna use it to build a jmp50. anyone have a layout that will fit on a board like georges?

Thanks all!
The mark of a good amp is that even when your fingers ain't cookin', your amp is. -Malcolm young

Where is the "balls" control? AH! here it is. why'd they label it volume?

Structo
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Question on perf layout and board layout

Post by Structo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 pm

So you are making your own perf board from a solid board?

Then installing turrets on it?

Lead or bass specs?

There are layouts of the board on Wiki.
http://metroamp.com/wiki/index.php/50_w ... board_lead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But if you are talking about exactly where each turret goes, what I have done in the past is layout the parts by drawing it on paper.

Once I am sure the parts will fit and everything looks good I taped the paper onto the board then used a awl and marked the turret locations.
Since you are using perf board I guess you could still use a paper layout but just install the turrets where they should go according to your paper layout.

Unless I completely misunderstood your question which is entirely possible. :lol:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!

ACDCG400

Post by ACDCG400 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 pm

yeah, i wanna turret a solid board.maybe perf it too =] i bought the solid board a while back and well, im gonna use it for this project now =] i need a drill mask that can fit over George's board since i like his boards a lot, but seeing as i have a solid one, ill just drill it and turret/stake it. 8) 8)
The mark of a good amp is that even when your fingers ain't cookin', your amp is. -Malcolm young

Where is the "balls" control? AH! here it is. why'd they label it volume?

HipKitty
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by HipKitty » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Why not take perfboard, insert and mark component end locations for drilling and use the perfboard as a master to drill your solid board? This way, if you so choose, you can use other colored boards for later reproductions?