PTP Boards FS

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: PTP Boards FS

Post by axeman » Thu May 26, 2016 12:27 am

Sweet looks like that red stuff floating around, but I'm sure is not the same. Nice build btw. Do you keep the amps you build?

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 am

oh no that's for sure, it's the same RS paxolin .. too long to explain but it is. the picture may show it red but it's brownish too , depending on the light and angle etc .. THAT's the color the paxolin sellers try to get close to, when it's about replicas, but they fail.
got three original boards for about 50 $ a few years ago.

thanks, yes, i keep these amps, of course.

coldengray
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by coldengray » Thu May 26, 2016 8:34 am

Those boards look great, I have one single piece of the same stuff...for use in an upcoming JTM45 build.

REALLY great looking build, I saved the pictures!

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks man. Got your pms, sorry i don't have stock for spares to sell, except for some partial sets of piher resistors perhaps.

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Xplorer wrote:
RockinRocket wrote:I hope you sold it to explorer for 800$!! lol

Just wondering how much you sold them for?
what ? what do you mean ?

i don't need any, i have some real deal original Radiospares paxolin as used in the early plexis. you won't find it anywhere.
.... lol
It was a joke in reference to the few mustard marshall values, hand full of iskras and a few rarer value iskra you tried to sell at freestomboxs for 800$! The point was I hoped he sold it to you for a dick price lol!!

Your paxoline does look nice. I have an idea where you got it and I know who might still have some. Paxoline is still available in brownish colors that look legit that I have. The probem with trying to replicate the red is it dosnt have 50 years of age so it never looks "right"

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 pm

oh, well back then the market prices were this price here anyway ( still, more or less, and i wasn't even the most expensive ) , eBay, other forums, and in most places. and there was a lot in the lots. + i don't think i went as far as 800 $ man .. or maybe that was the total for several lots of parts. why are you trying to be a dick ? i'm not laughing to you "jokes".
maybe you were among the peoples being total dicks in their comments, who considered these old parts as crap Worth 10 cents, but here we have a different view you know. so maybe you were among them, i don't remember, but it would make sense...

if you know a place where you can still find it, you should show it here :) but i don't think you'll be successful.

i doubt that 50 years alone will change the wrong color into the right color. you have to start with the right color.

my advice : go back to freestompbox to play with your metal films and "jokes", where "a value is a value, no matter where it comes from" ... and if someday you really get interested into these original parts, observe, get informed, try to find this or that piece unsuccessfuly for months or even years, then you might start to understand ...
i started selling and trading some of these parts at a time where it was quite difficult to find them. today, more peoples understood that these old parts had some value and the market prices are different.
some piher were worth 200 $ for two 220k on ebay, now it's very cheap, and that's quite cool. but some stuffs are impossible to find anymore. maybe until some luck someday ... a lot of patience required.

i don't think that Axeman or some others will contradict me on this subject.

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu May 26, 2016 8:42 pm

Well you can tell a new build from a old build. Even the mustards have a look to them almost dirty or smeared from the 60s.

I read that thread at free stomp boxes not to long ago looking for information I forget about what though. But ya Max price would be 500$ top $. I bought all that for 350$ minus the RS micas and the electrolytic.. It is what the market will pay, not the asking price. Do you think tone loco actually currently sells on ebay his 11 mustad Plexi kits for 495? Those Micas you linked in that thread didn't sell for the asking price of 150$. Neither did the HIwatt D103 iskra set for 350$. You can ask anything but their only worth what someone will actually pay. Your an opportunist and the Market in 2013 was way better than it is now. 68mustards sold for 40$ a pair min.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 8:59 pm

oh .... you need to attack me, alright ....well, i always followed the market price, and tried to be a little lower.
now if you got all this ( what exactly ? because it's pointless to discuss this if we don't compare exactly ) for 350$ , it's all relative. it dépends when you bought it, what did you exactly get ...

i'm not an opportunist, i've made a bit of benefits but it's quite normal given the time spent on it, etc .

0.68uf prices varied a lot, yes at some point they were 20 $ each, at some other time they were 50 $ each , what can i say ? that's not about me ..
0.022uf 400v were a lot expensive, same for the 0.1uf, and now they're a lot cheaper than 2013 ...
again, not about me since i didn't sell stuffs since years now, or rarely. the market evolved by itself without me man ... some prices decreased, some prices increased ...

Iskras, RS micas , i don't think tone loco has them on his kits ... you know what he does ? he just buys the mustards at the market price, from greece, in big quantities ( it was impossible back then ) he sells them at a bigger price, assemble a turret board "replica" , and it doesn't even feature iskras or original micas in it in it, nor some 0.68uf real mustards. so no Wonder why it's cheaper than 495$ !
but my lots ....... were rare iskras + rare mustards + rare RS micas and other stuffs, and that wasn't a steal at all.

you're in the wrong fight man.
what's with these freestompbox dudes ......
Last edited by Xplorer on Thu May 26, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coldengray

Post by coldengray » Thu May 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Toneloco is a fucking bottom feeder douche. That much we can agree on.

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu May 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Dude it was a joke. Im not trying to start a fight but you certainly were making a good amount of money on that lot.
I had a Worthpoint account just so I could see the market value of these rare parts. 2010 Mustads sets for mashalls vaired from 80 -90 bid ebay excluding .68s. Even those varied but over 50 a pair you paid to much. Theres usually a buyer when put on ebay for but man on forums I expect different tbh.

Tone loco buys on ebay. I follow the bids and he always buys the fair priced stuff.. wont show photos of the stuff you will receive and talks way to much BS in his listing. I have sources too and I can find some of his 5x markup items

I found your freestompox post in my history..

i'm selling one pack of pièces including various stuffs :

-2 x light indicators 105v - 125v
-3 x RS wirewound resistors 470 ohms 5w + 1 extra not RS
-2 x RS wirewound résistors 1k 5w
-silver micas : 2 x arc'ed logo RS 500pf 500v + 3 x Silver mica 560pf 500v including one SRC, one RS branded, and one RS arc'ed logo RS

1 x mullard mustard 0,68uf 160v
2 x mullard mustard 0,022uf 400v
5 x mullard mustard 0,1uf 400v
4 x mullard mustard 2200 pf 400v

two Blue Erie 32uf 450v bought reformed, but they pbably need a new reforming, since i bought them a while ago. measuring arround 43uf.
one Blue erie 250uf 50v
one free grey RS 32uf 450v. unfortunately i broke one lead, but if someone can join it again or do something, it would be great.

one Nos paxolin voltage selector : four sélections possible. + 4 plugs

iskras 0,5w :

- 4 x 2k7
- 2 x 82k
- 2 x 68k
- 4 x 15k
- 6 x 27k
- 3 x 33k
- 3 x 470 ohms
- 2 x 56k
- 7 x 47k
- 5 x 100k
- 3 x 10k
- 4 x 1M
- 2 x 820 ohms

piher 0,5w, 2 of each :

-1k5
-8k2
-470 R

- one 10k 1w

800 $ for the package paypaled and shipped, insured and signed.
Thank you.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 9:27 pm

i don't think i even sold it. i sold parts of this lot over time.
2010 Mustads sets for mashalls vaired from 80 -90 bid
no ... just no. 0,022 uf sets alone almost always were way over 100 $ already.
some iskra values like 100k were very expensive.
marshall selector : find at least ONE ..
RS arced logo 1k 5w : find at least ONE.
piher were more expensive back then too.
0.68 uf 160 v mustard : find one, and find it at 20 $ , good luck ...
Rs silver mica of the good value : find ONE ...
etc etc ...

well, given the time i proposed this huge set, if you addition this + this + this etc yes, it was 800 $ .
Dude it was a joke. Im not trying to start a fight but you certainly were making a good amount of money on that lot.
laughing so hard ....
so are you Zorro ? a justice maker ? no i didn't make a huge amount of money on this. it seems that i owe you, rocketstuff, some explanations about what i do on internet ... or about the money i make : i don't call that a joke.

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu May 26, 2016 9:45 pm

You can join worthpoint and see the market price. Keep in mind it only shows what sold and not the asking prices of what you had quoted. Mustards were cheep 5 .68 pcb leads sold for 15$. 2 .68uf 160v 10$. Crazy I know after trying worth point I learned my lesson.
Ive never seen RS 500p micas for sale however I never really look.

I would have considered that lot for 500$ today but not through anything other than ebay.

Fair deals are out there.. You just shouldn't leap on the first one you find

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Thu May 26, 2016 9:53 pm

don't know what your worthpoint is, but it looks like total BS ....
Mustards were cheep 5 .68 pcb leads sold for 15$. 2 .68uf 160v 10$
: wow ... :palm: :lol:

what i proposed wasn't just the asking price, it was based on the prices seen sold 90% of the time. maybe once a year you could do a wonderful deal finding someone who didn't know what a 0.68uf was Worth selling 5 for 15 $ ha ha .... rather multiply by 10 ....

100k iskras were at least 20 $ each.
Ive never seen RS 500p micas for sale however I never really look.
mmmh that's why ... you didn't know ... ha ha. yeah, 500pf, 250pf, 560pf .... good luck finding three in one time, and all these rare parts in one time, rather than waiting months and years to collect all that ..... pay the shipping for each, insurance for each .... and maybe do a little bit of money on the top of all that.

it just shows that there have been some extremes : very cheap ( 5 x 0.68 uf for 15 $ ... are you sure they were mustards and not some other types ? mmmmmh .... ) or very expensive ( 2 x 220k for 200$ ) .

i was always just below the common selling price, with my asking price, and making my own excell based on the price seen for deals made. much better than your fantasy worthpoint ...

so are you done with your joke yet ? i can't stop laughing, you're a joke.
Last edited by Xplorer on Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu May 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Worthpoint collects Ebay sold prices. That's it. It dosnt have all the listings and is flawed because it dosnt have a good database from the last 2 years. Yes 2010 -2012 Mustards had some great deals.

2- 220k pihers was the asking price man get it through your head. No one was crazy enough to buy that!! Nor the RS mica for 150$ or the Iskra hiwatt kit. Check the links it would say sold!! You can ask what ever the hell you want dosnt mean its worth that or more important sold for that!

I bought a pair of .68 this year for 52$ on ebay with a guy who has stock

coldengray

Post by coldengray » Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 pm

That's enough guys.