Piher 68K 1/2W Carbon Film

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

axeman
Just the numbers in order: 7

Piher 68K 1/2W Carbon Film

Post by axeman » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Can Someone tell me if these are real o.g http://www.ebay.com/itm/180665933468?ss ... 1439.l2648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The leads are 2 3/4"

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Piher 68K 1/2W Carbon Film

Post by demonufo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:53 am

Well...
Not 100% certain Art, but they certainly could be very late issue Pihers, going by the shape and colour. But this shape (and colour) was also shared by Beyschlag, so it is VERY hard to tell later Pihers apart from them.

Sorry if this didn't help one little bit. :lol:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am

they indeed are legit piher axeman ... beyschlags are slightly longer and their coating is more than oftenly thinner hence the more square edges on the beyschlags .... typical piher shape here , plus the guy posted a pic of the cardbox they were in which is indeed legit too .... you can jump on them ..my 0.2c

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 am

frenchie wrote:plus the guy posted a pic of the cardbox they were in which is indeed legit too
...or did he...

The other two pics were dated in the corner, and a different size altogether... :scratch:

axeman

Post by axeman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am

How about the lead size, the resistors remind me of KOA Speers?

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Some I have here (just my 1/2watters) are just a shade under 2 1/2" and are a slightly earlier issue (all these have RS packaging - Made in Spain - which points to Pihers),

but I do have some very similar looking 2Kohm 1/2watters without any packaging that do have 2 3/4" leads. These would also have been from RS components (most of my Pihers stash came from my former employer) and I doubt very much that these would be a different brand, since all the particular stock control for our workshop was done by the same person who was very set in his ways.

Also, I do have some 2.2Mohm of a slightly different shape again, which are in original (and sealed) RS components packaging (also marked Made In Spain) which also have 2 3/4" leads.

I say go for it.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I agree they look like Pihers to me.

If I was not at work I could take some snaps of the 68k I have (0.3w Pihers. 0.5w Pihers (mk1), 0.5w Pihers (mk2) and the other RS bumblebee type too. I have some Beyschlags which are skinnier and squarer.
Neil

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm

demonufo wrote:
frenchie wrote:plus the guy posted a pic of the cardbox they were in which is indeed legit too
...or did he...

The other two pics were dated in the corner, and a different size altogether... :scratch:
yep fairly possible , all schemes are possible , as went with my last deal with this guy ;

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/resistors-unl ... 4340.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i bought him 5X 470ohms 1/2w iskras based on the fact that his r.s packaging photo saying precisely 470ohms 1/2w ...but when i received them they were too small to be 1/2 watters , half the thickness ( at least ) of the legit 1/2 w iskras i was selling in here not too long ago .... so i went forward and left a negative comment on the bay , and now the guy want me to remove my comment which he calls defamatory :roll: he says if it's on the packaging the producer knows better than me yadda yadda ... did it ever came to his mind that packagings are easyly switchable ?? :palm:

VintageCharlie

Post by VintageCharlie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Frenchie, from what i know, the later Iskra production changed size - there are indeed loads of legit 1/2w iskra resistors (rating on the package) that are about 1/2 the size of the size that Marshall used back in the day. I had that sort of misunderstanding at some point too - you have to always ask about the size if it's not clear from pics. Maybe try to get a refund and send them back to him and then work it out from there?

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:22 pm

i understand your point charlie , BUT the guy in question is undoubtedly surfing on the vintage marshall part wave , if he wasn't , he certainly wouldn't ask 6 or 8 pounds i don't remember for 5 friggin resistors , he makes sure to take super close up pics so that the average iskras buyer gets fooled , since relative size between the two batches you talk about is perfectly proportionnal leads thickness included .... i personnaly don't give a shit what his bag says , at home i've got a nice baseball bat in a supermarket bag ... does it mean it's a cuncumber ?? hell no ... so my point is , does his statement of selling 1/2 watters applies , well physically i'd say fuck no , but even if i'm wrong , does the guy wishes to sell gobs of knowingly overpriced resistors hoping like mad the customer take consciousness of the disparity between his reasonnable expectations and the reality of the offer AFTER he filled his paypal invoice , or even never take consciousness at all ...i'd say without a single doubt ... hell yes ....
there are all sorts of scammers in life , he's just the kind of the relatively smarter ones ....
honestly i don't have spare diplomacy for assholes like him .... plus i really don't like how he ordered me like a little boy to retire my comment on his product by mail , he can go back kicking his rottweiler i'm no good client for moral lessons , if it costs me 8 pounds to teach him how you slap a juvenile delinquent all over the web , so be it , let's call it my good action of the day ... i spent far more in parties which ended up quite shitty lately , here i'd say it's far more entertaining so far ...

VintageCharlie

Post by VintageCharlie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:44 am

i have dealt a couple of times with him - in regard to the articles i bought all was ok. But, yeah, he certainly knows what (Marshall) people are after and that are not the small 1/2w iskra version. On the other hand, Marshall has used the small version in quite a few spots even in the 60's era - i have some pics stashed away somewhere. (i know, it doesn't solve the cucumber issue :D )

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... or#p351092

Prees the search button and ye shall find! :wink:
Neil

frenchie

Post by frenchie » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

i get your point neil .... but it's all semantics like in ; " does your insurance contract include natural disasters ? " response ; " yeah it's clearly written down here".... then months after a tsunami wiped out your house " hi mister black suit where's my compensation ? " response " global manmade warming created a hole in the ozone layer , breaking the balance of the climate which led to the tsunami you suffered from , hence this type of disaster isn't natural at all , thereby i don't have any legal obligation to grant you any compensation , now i have work , could you please clear my office ? " :palm:

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm

oh yeah, these are piher. i had several different sorts. got 3000 or 4000 of these, all values combined. i'd say that these are from the 70'. I have the same kind on an original green pcb 70' JMP board. i didn't see the size, but judging the picture and the shape, it's the right size. a 1/4w or 1/3w would have a different shape.