For experienced ears...on the 2204!!!

Info about our boards and kits.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

For experienced ears...on the 2204!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:25 pm

Here's one for all you with the ears that have been around awhile... I am in the middle of a rebuild and really like the thundertweak website and the layout that they have for the top fuel 2204 however that being said they have several versions and I really am not that experinced enough to know what the sonic differences would be [SIGH] SOOOO I' am asking you guys.

Here's the deal the layout is pretty much the same (plexi specs.) from V2 down the line,,, now the versions that I am looking at are:

V1a = 2.7k/330uf , V1b = 2.7k/.68uf

or

V1a = 4.7k/100mf , V1b = 2.7k/.68uf

I also have dual 50uf's filter caps right across the board on everything, I'm thinking about a dual 100uf for the voltage doubler (mains) and 2x16uf's for the preamp (not sure how this will sound for a 50watter).

Also I'm looking at replacing the 220k resistors in the PI to 100k as I heard this can increase some growl and also replacing the 47pf fizzie cap to 100pf on top of the PI now sonically what would the 100pf fizzie cap make?

My style and what tickles my ear the best :twisted: .....................yah you guessed it the open "G" chord on "Mean Street" :wink: so that as a bench mark what would be the best mod to go with as per above?

Thanks again!

Cya

Jess

PlexiHead

Post by PlexiHead » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:11 pm

Sorry forgot to sign in..its me.

Jess
Somebody said "Fair Warning", Lord strike that poor boy down!