JTM 45 my way

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
gsb
Just the numbers in order: 13492

JTM 45 my way

Post by gsb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 am

Hi !
First sorry for my English .I,m from Slovenia and i build JTM 45 for friend (blues ,jazz ) player.Thats is not my first build and i,m also active on German forum.So i was inspired from Larry who had build JTM 45 -Metro kit on German forum .My board will be from 3mm epoxy custom build with turets. For V1 I will ad another 16micro Cap to supply V1 separatly like Larry did on his amp.I have build this feature on my 18w amp and work very well.
Chasis will be custom made from V2A .
PPIVMV LAR/MAR on the front .Presence will be dimmed and i replace 4,7 pot with resistor .0,1 cap and resistor will travel on board.I will have short wires for PPIVMV and will placed PI backwards on board and NFB for PI ? I think it is better ? For presence i will instal Cut control like Vox with Larry sugestion (250log pot and 0,0022cap) -cut control was also on this forum under PPIVMV tread.
Material : Caps- Mustard NOS,AB resistors on V1 plates and power supply string , maybe Takman 1w CF the rest of build ,but have no experience with that brand,OT and Main Trafo -Schinrock (Germany ),
Amp will be build as Combo with 1x12" speaker (CELESTION ALNICO GOLD ? or Scumback ? i dont know yet
I put drawing how to make a board with Cut and PPIVMV .Any advices and comments or better ideas are welcome .I will put my build progress on the forum .
thanks gsb :rockon:
Attachments
my board  forum picture.jpg
my board forum picture.jpg (90.19 KiB) Viewed 704 times

catalin gramada
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: JTM 45 my way

Post by catalin gramada » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi,
think nobody tell you nothing regards coupling interference between components regards feedback control in those position. You must try but with care to be reversible into original if is not convenient, in my oppinion.
Cheers
Catalin
Catalin