My first build.... jtm45+

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
danwelsh
Just the numbers in order: 13492

My first build.... jtm45+

Post by danwelsh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:05 am

Hi guys. I thought I'd share this build on here. I appreciate this forum and the help it's given me through searching and posting questions. The only thing left to do is add the lar/mar ppimv, screen grid resistors, and bias and add the handle to the cabinet when it finally arrives direct from Marshall. I'm very proud of this. I sourced everything myself and built everything from scratch. I know the caps and resistors aren't vintage but as long as it sounds good I don't care......I built this for myself. Hope you fellas like.http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/danwe ... t=3&page=1

Sound clips shortly

danwelsh

Re: My first build.... jtm45+

Post by danwelsh » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:24 pm

awangotango

Re: My first build.... jtm45+

Post by awangotango » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 am

that's a keeper dan, can hear some genuine jtm45 tone in there. I think those transformers are nice. I'd try and get a bit more saturation though. what is the detail of your whole rig? 2 speakers or 4? tubes?

I wouldn't worry about not using the old caps. It's not that important although maybe a mustard or two down the road wouldn't hurt. that's the beauty of handwired, you can swap easily later.

Personally, I'd try and get rid of that master volume. You should only run two speakers with a 45 and if needed just wire in a speaker motor from weber to take the little bit of wattage overspill.