New JTM45'ish Born - Headcab Finished!

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
Thiez
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New JTM45'ish Born - Headcab Finished!

Post by Thiez » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 am

6burgh wrote:Very cool thru neck. I'd really like to build my own guitar. Could be on the horizon! Great finish on that piece!
Yeah if you build a guitar yourself you have to add some unique features in there. That's the nice part of building something yourself i think. If you want to build a guitar, just go for it! I was in a doubt for a long time. But then i desided to just give it a try. I used basswood for the body and maple for the neck which isn't the most expensive woodchoice. Other then that, the hardware is the most expensive part. So you can build the guitar up and if it isn't good you can give it another try without spending to much money, cause you can reuse the hardware.

At the moment i'm planning to build a low-budget charvel surfcaster. Some wood that was lying around in the basement here, some meranthi and oak. So it's gonna be a unique project with woods that aren't often used. But the wood is for free, so just gonna try it and see what it gives. The top is the only thing i bought. It's gonna be flamed anigre. A bit like maple but it's just a little bit cheaper. It's gonna be a semi-hollowbody charvel surfcaster.