Slo 100 clone

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
Thiez
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Slo 100 clone

Post by Thiez » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:21 am

demonufo wrote:I find the better spec'd Nichicons to perform REALLY well, and test superbly. I can't speak for the longevity of them though, but I've not had one come back yet...
I just looked at the nichicon site. They have a lot of series, even on specially for audio PSU use.
The electronicstore i normaly order, had just one sort of nichicon. I'm gonna look a bit further. Thanks!

joey

Post by joey » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Thiez wrote:Sorry for the topic hijack...

Yes the on with optional elevated heater mod. For now i found two caps that will fit. Thats samwha and nichicon.
I dont like samwha, cause they have a lot of faillure in the samsung products. Nichicon is a bit split if i read the reviews on the internet. Some people say they are fine, some say they have quality probs.

I have same board as this one:
Ah okay. That board was designed by smash at a time when there was only one reasonably priced 220uf option at mouser. The thing that sucks is that the lead spacing of that particular cap is about 13mm, so the board was spec'd for that, but most are 10.

I would go with the nichicon, they generally have good esr spec, and a decent load life because most are designed for high temp applications. Most of the bad news I heard regarding nichicon was due to either Chinese fakes, or one production oversight of which caused some recall in the computer industry. Other than that they have been pretty reliable.

Newer Panasonic is also a good one to watch, as well as CDE.

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Actually that is a good point to mention. There are a lot of counterfeit radial electrolytics around, particularly Panasonics.
This is why for mainstream stuff I will always stick to huge suppliers such as RS components, Farnell, Mouser, etc, and definitely NOT any of the smaller shops.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:23 am

Thanks guys! Now it's Am_i_evil's topic again. My SLO clone build will come on the SLOclone forums as soon as i will start.
For now i'm only putting components on the board i allready have and won't go any further, first finish my marshall kinda project.

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:50 am

Thiez wrote:The transformers you posted look like the same thing, only both there own brand printed on them.

I'm not sure where you're from, but if you order at Tubetown i can recommend you IG-transformers. It's a german "hobbyist" that is opsessed with transformers. Makes exact replicas of marshall and soldano transformers.

http://www.ig-transformatoren.com/catal ... ldano?c=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He recently anounced that he is gonna quit his transformerbuilds cause he coudn't deliver the orders he gets as "just a hobby". So probably its best to call or mail him before ordering when the transformers will be in stock. He will fabricate his last batch of transformers soon and then he willl stop.
I ordered this transformer for my soldano SLO clone build that is gonna be build in a few years probably :P But i received some VERRY good quality transformers. Also used his main transformer in my marshall project. Really heavy and good material is used. And the price is pretty good in comparison with Onetics or mercury or something.
I tried to comunicate with this guy, but it is impossible... I send him couple of mails, and reply only on two, and that was,
Hello
I need your complete Address for an order

Best Regards,
Ingo
Before that I already send him my addres, and ask him how to pay, because on the new site there is no link order... And didn't get the answer... I hate people like this... he could just answer that he don't have any tranformers...

Any other idea where to order?

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:24 am

Ingo, and transformers...

Hmmm, I recall some BAD juju with this guy years ago mentioned on 18watt.com

Tread CAREFULLY!

Or, I could have a bad memory...
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Thiez

Post by Thiez » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:30 am

hm yeah, communication isn't his best thing. To bad, cause his transformers are awesome.

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 pm

A Slo Clone has been low on my bucket list for years, and his thread just took it up a couple notches.

Beavis

Post by Beavis » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:56 pm

mightymike wrote:A Slo Clone has been low on my bucket list for years, and his thread just took it up a couple notches.
Due to this thread and beginning to lurk on SLOclone since this forum was down recently, I'm looking for copper clad board and reading up on etching PCBs right now! :wink:
"Humanoid's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits."

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi again :) I finally found output transformer with all good reviews and it's also budged friendly. Hammond 1650T, and specifications:
https://www.tube-town.net//info/hammond ... lassic.pdf

Now I have to find another hammond fro power!

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:52 pm

I change my mind and order InMadOut tranformers. We will see how good they are.

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm

After few weeks I finally found time to work on this project :)

patricef

Post by patricef » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:47 am

Omn wrote:only F&T,I hope that they are good as Malory
Me too. The SLOClone from C3amps have them - at least mine... Never tried, never finished.
I only see F&T and Nichicon on the C3amp web site. I got those when I bought the kit about 2 years ago. Malory are super expensive.

patricef

Post by patricef » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 am

Am_I_Evil wrote:It is a nice project :)
And Power amp almost finished...
You're getting there but you shouldn't post pics with invoices with your name and address on it...

Am_I_Evil

Post by Am_I_Evil » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks, I didn't noticed.