Just when you thought you've heard LOUD!

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Just when you thought you've heard LOUD!

Post by VelvetGeorge » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:49 pm

I went to the The Machine Shop on Sat afternoon to check out a bad channel on the PM4000 mixing console. I no sooner got there and who do I meet??

Jesse James Dupree of Jackyl. Turns out they're playing that night and he's got an amp that needs some attention.

So I fixed his amp- a Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster, talked some guitar and amp talk and got to play through his rig. Sweet!

Let me just say that- JESSE PLAYS FUCKING LOUD!!!! The meter at the mixing board was reading 110db with just the guitar stage volume.
A chat with the sound guy revealed that he just uses the PA to get the vocals and drums into the mix.

I hope I can still hear my amp at tonight's gig.....

Here's some pics.

George
Attachments
Me & Jesse.jpg
(41.49 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
Jesse's rig.jpg
(49.07 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:55 pm

I forgot to mention that the master volumes were disconnected on the amps.

And don't even think about using an attenuator.

George

Country Boy Shane

Post by Country Boy Shane » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:55 am

Speaking of shit that is loud, i was at the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert last Saturday (December 12th) and they were FUCKIN' BAD ASS HELL! But what's more significant is that at the last minute they called in a band from Flint, MI called Dixie Hustler. I thought that was pretty tight seeing a band from around the area do that. I have to say that they reminded me a lot of a Guns n' Roses mixed with a tad of J-Geils. Pretty good stuff. However, their amp tone was not so tight. They need some counciling in that department. I couldn't see what amp the rhythm guitarist was using but it looked like either a Fender Blues DeVille or a generic P.O.S. Line6. But either way, they made up for "Rare Earth" that was supposed to play there, pretty damn well.

Skynyrd was almighty loud though. Their lineup of guitarists has changed so much that i have lost track, but Gary Rossington is still there alright. They were playing out of some kind of stack but they were so hidden behind all their big dumb stage props. I don't get this now. If i had a stack i would let it be known instead of hiding the beast. That's ridiculous. It's all about intimidation!! The most important and boggling thing that happened that night was undoubtedly Free Bird. If that song doesn't get you feeling rocked, i don't know what can ladies and gentleman because you must be insane. After that finale was over there was a loud roar that came over The Palace which was almost deafening. Absolutely awesome and loud.
Just Feel it MAN! -Shane Gorski "Country Boy Shane"

www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:34 pm

I heard the show was really good from some friends who came to my gig afterwards.

I'm hip to Dixie Hustler, I was asked to join them at one point. They got the call the afternoon of the show. They played at the Palace then had to get back to Flint to open for Jackyl. That sounds like rock -n- roll to me.

George