Fishing!

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

ol foot
Just the numbers in order: 7

Fishing!

Post by ol foot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 am

My brother in law and 4 friends are leaving Sioux Falls tomorrow afternoon picking me around 8:30 tomorrow night and onto Ohio arriving around 5ish AM , unpacking, buying some provisions and hitting the water ASAP . I've been on a few fishing trips with the BIL before they say the AVERAGE walleye is 5 -6 pounds and sometimes much more!

I'm breaking out my insulated rain suit , insulated boots and lots of layers of clothes. You can always take stuff off but I hate being cold AND wet :lol:

They're trailering 2 boats and bringing all the gear so I'm just bringing clothes, food for 1 dinner and some supposedly can't miss lures ............ we'll see :)

Hope to post some nice pics if it turns out good. 2 years ago the weather was so bad they only got out one day and caught 1 fish so I'm prepared to drink some beer if necessary.

ol foot

Re: Fishing!

Post by ol foot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 am

WOW! Great trip. Had a blast with friends and caught some awesome walleyes. They don't come this big back on the Mississippi!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/ ... oterie.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wrea398

Post by wrea398 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Killer deal my friend. Glad it was awesome! Trout opened here in Pa recently and we had a ball. 20 caught, 9 in the freezer and 2 months to go. Cheers!

jfergis

Post by jfergis » Sat May 26, 2012 7:16 pm

my dad always used to bring m fishing in that place when i was a kid, oh how i missed those days! i do hope to b able to go back there and hopefully bring my kid in the future because i used to have a lot of fond memories at that place as well. I was excited to look at your picture just to see if my memory of the place still serves me right. thanks for posting this, brings back the old memories!